Working in the Weathervane (Erix hates Macchiatos)

Working in the Weathervane was easier than he thought although Xavier definitely made it harder to keep his temper in check with the customers. He couldn't tell if the smell of coffee was helping his hangover or not but that was probably because of the pain medication.

Seriously, he felt high.

Luckily there had only been a few mishaps throughout the day with Erix pretending to be the manager more than once (because the actual manager wasn't fucking there) but overall customer service was definitely not his favorite experience.

"Is this what it's always like at rush hour?" he sighed. He alone had just served fifteen customers and the three of them still weren't done.

"Not always. Some people like to come during Outreach Day to screw with you guys."

"Yeah some people." Xavier said.

Erix sighed again. As hurt as he knew Xavier was, he really needed to learn to move on. Holding grudges against humans was pointless because once they die you're left bitter with no one but the innocent to take it out on.

"May I have–" Erix had to resist the urge to groan at another customer's voice. "--a macchiato?"

"Traditional?" he asked, putting on a polite smile. Earlier a rude bitch yelled at him for making it the traditional way.

She was lucky that Xavier and Tyler stepped in before he could throttle her.

Xavier had had to restrain him while Tyler talked to the lady.

"Yes sir." she said.

'Oh so she is a nice lady.' he thought.

"Um I am so sorry but we're almost out of espresso. Wouldn't be enough for a full cup..." Erix said. "We should still have some in the back but we'd have to brew it."

"Oh take your time, dears." she chuckled. "I'm in no rush."

"Thank you so much. Xavier, you handle this, me and Tyler will go get the espresso beans."

"Why do you need me to–"

"I can't carry the bag on my own," he admitted. "I am a twig."

Xavier nodded shortly and the other two walked to the backroom.

It was mostly storage since the employees tended to instead take their breaks outside or just sitting in the booths on their phones.

Erix was only half lying when he said he couldn't carry the bag on his own. He was short, pale, and kinda scrawny; he would only be able to carry it if he became a demon again which wasn't really an option on earth let alone in the middle of the cafe. And he didn't feel like pushing the bag all the way back into the main part of the cafe.

"Wow this place is dusty as hell," he said.

Tyler chuckled. "Yeah night shift's supposed to clean it today. Hopefully they'll dust this time."

"I might just do it myself later."

"Not sure my manager would allow that."

"I don't really like your manager anyways. Remember when I wanted you to come with me on that date and he wouldn't let you come?"

"It was still my shift." he laughed. Erix looked up at him and they both realized how close they were. "How about I make it up to you?"

"Yeah?"

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Wednesday just needed directions and a coffee but of course nothing could ever be simple. As she walked into the Weathervane she was almost immediately stopped by Xavier.

"You want a coffee?" he offered. "It's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment."

"I'm actually here for Tyler."

"I told you he was bad news."

"Twice. But who I speak to is my business." She rang the bell.

A bang was heard from the back room and Erix emerged clearly disheveled. He almost fell on his way to the counter, cursing. She felt the edge of her lips quirk up.

Of course this was his assignment. At least she didn't have to go out of her way to find him now.

"Fuck— shit!" He straightened up. "Hi, sorry about that. Welcome to the Weathervane, what can I—"

"Does your head still hurt?"

He looked up finally and caught sight of Wednesday. Behind him she saw Tyler drop a hefty bag of espresso beans.

"Oh hey, Wends. Whatcha need?" He asked, leaning towards her comfortably. "Coffee? Murder investigation partner?"

"Can I have both?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Sure! Your order?"

"You know what I like."

Erix smiled and winked at her before moving on to make her drink.

"So what's up?" He asked.

"You know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s?"

"Somewhat. I have an old friend who used to haunt that place."

"You know if it's still around?"

"What's left is out in Cobham Woods," Tyler joined in. "but it's pretty much a ruin."

"Show me." Wednesday laid out the map she had found.

"Uh... There, but, look, it's kind of sketchy. Squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. My dad has it cleared out every couple weeks. What's this about?"

"Nothing."

"You're becoming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing."

"Would you rather I develop an obsession with horses and boy bands?"

"Maybe animal symbolism and Beetlejuice but, eh." Erix shrugged.

"Thank you for the help."

"Hey, listen, the ruins are kind of tricky to find. I could take you this afternoon. My shift ends at 2:00."

"Principal Weems would hang, draw and quarter me if I miss the big statue dedication. And as enticing as that sounds, I'd prefer to keep a low profile. Besides, I know my way around the great outdoors."

"Don't tell me you were a Girl Scout."

"I could eat Girl Scouts for breakfast."

"I have an uncle who went to prison for that."

She nodded and looked at Erix. He sighed. "Fifteen minutes. Then we'll go."

"Fine." He slid her her coffee and went off to take a woman's order.

Wednesday looked at Tyler who was watching Erix. "Your lip is bleeding."

He touched his bottom lip and saw the red stain his finger. His face flushed "Yeah, I uh- I must've bitten it too hard."

She raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything else as she went to wait for Erix.
________________

Erix working in customer service: I just remember thinking... I'm about to beat this bitch up

Tyler&Xavier: no no you're not

Erix @ the macchiato lady: you ignorant slut-

Aight bye