If This Is Hell...

Things were different between Sarah and I after that. They had to be. We began to look for opportunities to fuck, places where the chances of being caught were slim to none. That's ultimately what led to my suspension from school.

I thought I was too slick. I believed that I wouldn't get caught. Sitting in the principals office with a counselor and a police officer gave me a wake up call real fast. Of course, it was the one time I wasn't actually doing anything bad that shit hit the fan.

The orchestra pit. Affectionately called the 'down under' by the band, and generally accepted as 'hell' by the theatre folk. There are only two entrances. A ladder on one side, and stairs on the other. We had hidden down under the ladder, with the thought that if someone came down we could scamper to the other side and up the stairs, and that if someone came from that way, we would escape up the ladder. That was the idea at least. In practice, it was chaos. Sarah and I had gone down the ladder, as we had before. We had started making out. Heavy, making out. Before long, she was fumbling with my shorts, and her shirt was up. That's when we were disrupted.

The door leading to the stairs opened up, lightning struck my ass and I was halfway up the ladder before I remembered I wasn't alone. I scrambled back down, as the witness booked it up the stairs, no doubt having seen enough to ID us. I knew we were in deep shit.

The next day, I came to school sweating. I knew we had been caught, and I felt it in my gut that we were going down for it. Sure enough, I didn't even make it to my first class. I was intercepted in the hallway, right in front of my locker. Sarah and I were pulled into the office, where we quickly confessed. We received a 10-day suspension, a very mild punishment in our opinion. Of course, looking back, I'm glad we were caught. My suspension was far from boring.