Chapter 1: Routine

Three months ago I moved to Vancouver. I thought that I would reinvent myself become some kind of changed person. I even thought I could be popular, but here I am sitting here wondering what went wrong. Im not discontent, I absolutely love the one friend that I have but...I don't know I just expected more.
I have the same routine every single day. I wake up, go to school, come home, have a phone call for about an hour with Macy (my best and only friend) and then I go on my phone, check my non-existent social media notifications for an hour and then go to bed. How thrilling! But what else did I expect. You don't just wake up one morning and become a different person.

***********************************
The next morning
Macy had come to pick me up for school as she did every morning because I still couldn't drive. It was quite demeaning. I was an A* student in every class without fail. One of the brightest girls in my school and I still couldn't wrap my head around driving. One thing that nearly my whole school year could do, even the ones who are more moronic than I. It honestly made me sad. But riding with Macy is NEVER dull. I don't know how but somehow she brings out the loud party animal living within me. We sit there and we b*tch about everyone and anyone we have ever crossed paths with. The great thing is nobody will ever know because we have a mutual sense of trust. We tell each other everything and it's so fun because honestly I trust that girl with my life and she is everything to me.
Once we arrived at school I jumped out of the car and we walked arm in arm whispering to each other on our way to first period which we had together. We actually met in Chemistry. We got paired up as lab partners and you can probably tell what happened next but if you can't I'll spell it out for you. We instantaneously clicked and our friendship soon blossomed into sisterhood. We were sisters and forever would be.
As I walked into Chemistry I sat down next to my lab partner and we got on with the Chemistry. I never messed about in lessons but today was an exception. I couldn't help it. Macy was whispering such ghastly things in my ear but as soon as Mr. Grayson caught us I could tell that this wasn't going to go well.
"Natania. I feel like you would be better suited to not sit near Macy in Chemistry" Mr Grayson warned.
"But she's kind of uhh I don't know my partner." Macy replied sassily
"Fine, Natania you can work with Lance and Macy you can work with Ianthe. We'll stick with this arrangement until the end of the term and see how it goes."
Macy scowled and I reciprocated. Ianthe was the most popular girl in school. Everybody either hated her or wanted to be her (mainly the latter). We however hated her! That leads me onto Lance he was tall, muscular and hot and everyone hated Ianthe even more because she was with him. However I knew the truth which was that he was a massive A-hole! This was going to be one long term!