Jeremy Clarkson

Imagine there is a line right here, with bold red letters saying do not cross. Jeremy Clarkson, did he step over the line.
Mad man or genius he was loved by many, so did his millions of dollars and fame earn him the right to step over the line. Clarkson used to be a top gear producer who has recently been fired from the BBC. He was fired over a steak, and a bit of ruckus. I'm sure you have all heard the basic story that he punched a producer, Oisin Tymon. A witness account of the incident goes something like this. Jeremy had been drinking a special rosé wine, when he was told, after a long day of filming that there was only soup and a cold meat platter. Clarkson launched into an expletive-filled tirade using "every bad word you could think of" and ranted "so there's no food" when he was told he would not get the steak he wanted. "We were surprised at his reaction because we were all thinking 'surely soup is food'. After that a scuffle broke out with the producer ending up with a split lip. The chef had gone home so the general manager ended up cooking for the three presenters."

This sounds more like a spoilt brat than a dangerous mad man. Jeremy Clarkson is a funny person, he made Top Gear, BBC2's most popular show with more than 5 million viewers a week and generates around 50million euros a year. A petition was started to reinstate Clarkson, it reached over 100 thousand signatures over night, and one million was not to long after.

Clarkson was on his final warning from the BBC for racism and uncouth behaviour, one of his warnings was for referring to a Ferrari as a 'simpleton' as a way of giving it a bad review, he called a car this and people were extremely offended. Clarkson had received 10 official warnings before his eleventh became his final warning.
Every single one of these were not intended to abuse, but to entertain his viewers.

Martin Jones said "a minority of over sensitive people should not ruin one of Britons favourite shows." I think this hits the nail on the head, society has become overly "PC" taking comments made in the way of banter seriously, finding anything at all related to another race, racism.

Clarkson's reason for sacking is what is going wrong in our society, as it grows more modern, so does the tendency to adopt the motto "everyone is the same, everyone is a winner" but in all reality is that true? When brought up living and breathing this motto, is it preparation for the real world, or a stark cold contrast. People are different, and being able to laugh about who you are and not getting insulted is an important aspect to just living your life and being who you yourself are. Clarkson is an individual. He is not afraid to laugh, constantly joking about his pubic looking head hair, and fat body.

The BBC decided to sack Clarkson because he offended some people, it's as if they don't take into account the fact that the ratio of people who enjoy Clarkson to who are offended, is massively in the favour of the people who find him hilarious.

So Jeremy Clarkson did not step over the line, he was merely entertaining and making good television, so on that bombshell, it's time to end.