8. Goons and The Commissioner

Hello again my awesome fans who are reading this. Sorry for the long wait. I managed to break my computer with my story on so I couldn't upload anything. It was horrible! But back now so get ready for lots of updates. I have 2 weeks off school so I am writing 4 chapters ahead for you. Hope you are all having an amazing Easter! I know I am. Get ready for some action in this chapter as a lot happens.... well a little bit does at least.

P.S Does anyone actually read these? Or are they a waste of my time? ~Robin

Batgirl

I was flying. Well, not technically but this has to be the closest anyone can get to flying without a plane or machine. Kara was holding my right hand and also holding Robin's left hand. We were flying towards the Bat-signal. With Batman and Superman gone we were left to patrol all of Gotham by ourselves. Usually it is okay but a massive breakout is not fun.

All of the worst criminals are out again. Poison Ivy included. It couldn't get any worse but I was still dreading what the Commissioner also known as my dad was going to say. Batman usually handled the police, but I was the oldest so I guess I would have to negotiate with them today.

We neared the Police Department building and I saw three people standing on the roof. One of them I knew would be my dad, but the other two would be a mystery. This had to be a new way to get to the police building and I so hope that we scare them. Their facial expressions would probably make my day.

"Let me do the talking, okay you two?" I tell them and look to see them both nod in my direction.

Supergirl dropped us in the shadows and we regained our posture before walking a step out and facing the Commissioner and his friends.

It was strange talking to my dad as Batgirl but not as much as when I first started out. That was super awkward. There had always been Batman there to talk instead of me or Robin. We had never had to talk to the police without him there. This was going to be strange to say the least.

I walked slowly out of the shadows and Robin followed at my side. Supergirl stayed in the shadows and hopefully unnoticed. She was nervous about speaking to these people so we just let her stay out of sight.

"Hello Commissioner Gordon. How can we help you today?" I said in a formal and emotionless voice to my dad. In my head I was just thinking about doing the awkward turtle sign. I saw him look puzzled and I could see his brain working as he tried to figure out why Batman wasn't here.

"Where is Batman?" he said eventually. You could've predicted that he would say that question. I mean my dad is pretty predictable sometimes.

"He is off trying to save the world with some other Superheroes. Major crisis came up. We are looking after Gotham at the moment." I explained. I hope they hurry up so we can go. If I talk to my dad too much I might slip up or he might guess it is me.

"Okay well if you are all we have at the moment then we had best make the most out of it." He said obviously disappointed not to have Batman on this case.

"Batman trained us and we can handle this." I confidently spoke to him. I saw a small smile light up his face and disappear just as quickly.

"If you are sure you can handle it then I will trust you. But before I tell you what is up, do you mind telling me who your friend is, the one hiding in the shadows." A small smirk appeared on his face and his companions faces too.

I was honestly astounded that my dad had noticed Supergirl in the corner. His observation skills were excellent. I never would've thought that he would see her there. I looked behind me and saw Supergirl give me a small nod. She was going to reveal herself to them. This was a big thing for her as the only human contact she has had since she came to Earth is with Superheroes.