Panda-pocalypse 2002

I woke up in the car wearing an oxygen tank in my nose. I was in the passenger seat next to Uncle Jin. "Where's Mei?" I asked weakly. "Edwin!" Uncle Jin cried. "Don't worry. We're going to save her and your aunt." "That was her panda?!" I asked. "She's huge!" "Careful. Just breathe." Lily warned.

Once we arrived at the SkyDome, we were already too late as Aunt Ming had already started rampaging around the concert. Luckily, we were able to find Mei, Miriam, Priya, and Abby unharmed. "Mei!" Uncle Jin and I shouted, hugging her. "Whoa, what happened to Edwin?" Priya asked. "I had an asthma attack after Aunt Ming poofed into her panda." I explained. "I don't do well with the panda smoke." "We have to save your mother!" Mrs Wu shouted. "She's gone loco!" Chen added. "Mei, we have to do the ritual again." Uncle Jin said. "What happened? She's huge!" Mei gasped. "I told you and Edwin she was big!" Uncle Jin exclaimed. "That big?!" Mei asked. "Mei Mei!" Aunt Ming shouted, grabbing her daughter. "Mei!" I screamed. "Let her go!" Abby yelled. "You are in big trouble, young lady!" Aunt Ming grunted. "I'm shutting this down, right now! Everyone go home! Where are your parents? Put some clothes on! This isn't you!" "This is me!" Mei argued, biting her mother. Mei was thrown to the ground. "Mei! Are you hurt?" Uncle Jin asked as she became her panda again. "I'm not your little Mei Mei anymore!" Mei shouted. "I lied, Mom!" "What?!" Aunt Ming gasped. "It was my idea to hustle the panda. My idea to go to Tyler's party! It's was all me!" Mei confessed. "I like boys! I like loud music! I like gyrating! I'm 13! Deal with it!" Aunt Ming roared in anger to Mei's words. "The ritual! Everyone in their positions." Mrs Wu said. "Mei Mei, keep her busy." "Oh, I'll keep her busy." Mei grumbled, running after her mother. "Edwin, where's your uncle?" Mrs Wu asked. "He's creating that giant circle." I replied. "Mei! Keep her in the circle!" Uncle Jin shouted. "Get back here!" Aunt Ming yelled. "Make me!" Mei taunted. "You think you're so mature! Lying to me. Blaming me? How could you be so, so, crass?" Aunt Ming wondered. "Oh, that's nothing. You wanna see crass?" Mei asked, showing off some crazy dance moves, just as Uncle Jin finished the circle. "Start singing now!" Uncle Jin exclaimed as the ladies began chanting again. "Sing louder!" Mrs Wu demanded. All of a sudden, Miriam had an idea that might help with the ritual. "Come on." Miriam said, trying to get the attention of 4-Town. "All I wanted was to go to a concert!" Mei shouted. "I never went to concerts. I put my family first!" Aunt Ming exclaimed. "I tried to be a good daughter!" "Well, sorry I'm not perfect!" Mei argued. "Sorry I'm not good enough! And sorry I'll never be like you!" Mei knocked down Aunt Ming unconscious just out of the circle. Mei grabbed onto her mother's tail and tried to pull her in the circle. The only problem was she was running out of time. "Mom! Wake up!" Mei cried. "I'm sorry. Mom? Come on." Suddenly, I saw Mrs Wu take off her bracelet and smash it to release her panda and help Aunt Ming. "Pull, Mei Mei." Mrs Wu said. "Grandma?" Mei asked. "I am not losing my daughter." She explains, turning to the aunties. "Don't just stand there!" Helen, Lily, Chen, and Ping destroyed their charms and released their pandas to help out. "Make room for your elders, Mei Mei." Chen said. "We're with you!" Ping added. "But what are you doing?" Mei asked. "What if you can't turn back?" "Your mom needs us!" Helen replied. "She's family!" Lily added. "Less talking, more pulling!" Mrs Wu shouted. "This fur is so itchy!" Lily complained. "Quiet, Lily!" Mrs Wu snapped as she and the aunties chanted again. "Louder! Sing from the heart!" Mr Gao shouted. "Louder!" Uncle Jin yelled. "The circle isn't working!" I added. At that moment, I recognized Miriam, Priya, and Abby beatboxing, followed by Tyler making rhythms with his drumsticks, and 4-Town performing Nobody Like U. Not gonna lie, the song sounds amazing with the chanting. As the circle was at full power thanks to the 4-Townies, Mr Gao started the ritual for all 7 of the pandas. Mr Gao was successful with sealing all but one panda spirit. Meilin Lee.

So, it's been a couple of weeks since the ritual, and let me say, it's been a crazy few weeks. Aunt Ming and Uncle Jin are continuing to let me stay in Toronto until the end of the summer, Mei and I are basically inseparable now, and the temple is busier than ever now! Let's just say we're raising money to rebuild the SkyDome. People still talk about Pandapocalypse 2002. Mei and Aunt Ming just call it growing pains. Miriam, Priya, Abby, and Tyler came by to hang out with me and Mei one day. "Ready to get your karaoke on?" Miriam asked. "Smash Mouth, baby!" I exclaimed. "Totally." Mei added, changing back to normal, except for the ears and the tail. "Bye, Mom! Bye, Dad!" "Hold on. You're not going out like that, are you?" Aunt Ming asked. "My panda, my choice, Mom." Mei scoffed. "We'll be back before dinner, okay?" "Fine. You're welcome to join us if you'd like." Aunt Ming offered. "For Mr Lee's cooking?" Miriam gasped. "Uh, yeah!" "Don't load up on junk." Aunt Ming warned. "Bye, guys." I waved. "Thanks for covering for me, Dad." Mei added as Uncle Jin put on the cardboard red panda costume. "Have fun." Uncle Jin said as we left the temple for a fun karaoke session.