For We Bleed (A Slender Man Story)

1: Known

Beep!Beep!Beep!

The sound of my alarm clock startled me and I rose with a jolt. I looked sleepily at my clock.

6:00 AM

I went over to my mirror, after fighting the urge NOT to get out of bed. I gazed at myself, not satisfied. My hair was every which way, wild. I looked through my drawer for my hairbrush. When I finally fished it out, I worked on my hair. I fought the tangled, yanking and pulling, the pain bringing tears to my eyes.

When I finally got my hair calmed down, I trudged to my filled closet, over run with shoes, stockings, leggings, tights, skirts, shirts, jeans, ECT. I grabbed my black skirt, fishnet tights, black combat boots, and my all that remains hoodie with a purple Monster High t-shirt. I shrugged my pajamas off, discarding them on the floor, and pulled on my clothes for the day. After that, I pinned my bangs back and went for the makeup.

Hmm... Midnight black, ghostly white, or Halloween purple..., I thought as I rummaged through my eye shadow. I had already snatched my black eye liner and mascara. I finally decided on the Midnight Black, and went to my mirror, starting to put on my makeup.

The eye shadow had to be equal on each side. I was really OCD about that. So I would check it, and see if it was the same on each eye lid. If I wasn't satisfied, I would start over again. If I was, onto the eyeliner.

Today, I was satisfied.

Then, the eyeliner.

It was more tricky, because, I had to get a more fine line.

I screwed up a few times but, I got it done.

Now, I was ready.

I trudged down the stairs and turned on the light.

"AARRGGHH!!!"

My little brother, Fred, but I called him Toad, was wearing a sick excuse for a Dracula mask and a disgrace of a black cape.

"Morning, Toad."

"Aww," he said woefully. "I didn't scare you."

"Because I'm used to your tricks by now. And, your cheap knockoff costumes. It gets old ya know."

He marched up toward me, a weird glare now on his face.

"Your just jealous!"

"Oh, really? How did you find out," I said, in a sarcastic voice.

God he was so annoying!

"Oh, hey, Mom doesn't want you walking in the park at night anymore!"

This was new. Mom never minded me leaving at night, but why is she concerned now?

"Why?"

"I'm not telling you!"

I loved it when he defied me. I grabbed a fork from the drawer and held it over a burning candle. The flames touched the metal teeth of it, caressing the softness of the fork.

When it was nice and hot, I pointed it towards my brothers throat.

"Spill it, Toad!"

"Agh! Mommy!!"

"Mommy isn't gunna help you, now tell me!"

"Fine! There's a kidnapper on the loose! He kidnaps people and their never seen again!"

I took the fork away and ran it under cold water.

The gears in my head churned, questions burning my brain.