5

Third person:

"Are you aware there is an actual real life girl in your house?" Ishan harped the same type of sentence for the 12th time after accidentally walking into the living room.

He found it more believable that he was imagining it or she had broken in.

"Yes, i am well aware ish"

 "wow i went away for a week and come back to a whole new world"

Ishan paused for a second, before belting " 🎶 a whole new worlddddd 🎶 "

A hand was clamped over his mouth mmediately as Leo gave him a harsh glare,  "be quiet, shes asleep. Damn ears are bleeding now"

"And who is she?"

"Hell if i know"

Leo bid his friend goodbye before knocking on his own living room door, not wanting to see her in a way she wouldn't want him to.

But upon the fourth slightly more forceful knock, when no response was given he opened it . He called her name from a slight distance to wake her. He would've let her sleep on and remain in her peaceful state but it was 11:34am and to fit going to the garage and work she'd have to wake.

She turned slightly murmuring before opening her eyes to be met with his. She startled and sat pin upright in an instant as if she wasn't dead asleep three seconds ago.

"Oh my gosh what time is it"

She checked the grandfather clock that sat in the centre of the back wall and her eyes widened rather dramatically,

"I'm so so sorry"

"No apologies needed"

"No honestly, im sor-"

"A lay in never harmed anybody"

He left her to get freshened up and ready until she reappeared in the kitchen on the other side of the counter from him.

They simply stared at each other for a few seconds as if he was sizing her up. His lips lifted upwards for only a second as an idea sprung to mind. His gravelly voice became faux upbeat in an attempt to mimic her,

"Hi madam, what can I get for you today?"

Her eyes pinched in the corners narrowing at him however their was no malice behind it, only amusement at his version of a playful mood

She played along with his remake of their Friday cafe conversations

She turned her voice monotone and low, but instead of sounding like him it was more like a frogs deepness,

"Just two toasts. I'll make it. Thanks."

A look of disdain painted onto his face, "I do not sound like that, your insulting me."

She smiled softly, "I'm not, I like your voice. it's like you've permenatly got a cold"

He rolled his eyes, his mood instantly switching as he mentally chastised himself for being so silly.

He started making her toast against her protests and swiped a thick layer of chocolate spread on top with a cup of tea. Taking his own breakfast, they sat opposite each other but neither resumed talking nor eating.

"Is this a staring contest?" she whispered.

He didn't reply and instead snapped his finger in front of her eyes, startling her momentarily.

"You blinked. If it was, I would've won."

"Cheater"

"Never."

"Rematch?" She inquired hopefully, hating the feeling of losing anything no matter how small or big.

"Sore loser" he whispered, and she wasn't sure if she imagined the amusement that glinted in his eyes.

Having finished their breakfast they made their way to liyanas car, a lengthy car drive that made Leo clench his fists at the thought of her walking all this way in her thin clothes at such a late hour.

She nudged against his shoulder gently without looking his way,

"You okay?"

He nodded once.

"You'll hurt your hands like that."

"Probably" he shrugged, not wanting to continue the conversation.

"Please stop"

And who was he to deny her request, especially when spoken with such genuine concern that it made his heart hurt in a way it never had before.

He unclenched his fists and lay them by his side. 

Once they had reached her car he attached it to tow and they started their drive to the garage.

The journey was relatively quiet, Leo staying silent mostly as he often did and liyana talking about whatever came to mind. 

"You don't listen to music when driving?"

He shook his head,

"Oh well I have a whole concert every time I'm driving"

He didn't respond to her statement, instead imagining that scene.

When at a red light Leo fished his phone out of his pocket and held it out to her,

"Put what you like on."

She smiled sweetly at him, and it was as if candy floss could've been made out of her expression.

Authors note: i cant write slow burn for the life of me (night thinkers was the exception) but i just wanna do their cute moments but have to stop and remind myself he hates love and people and needs to be stoic for a while longer :(