Chapter 6 The ending

The RDA proceeded completely unopposed through the Hallelujah Mountains and into Pandora's infamous Flux Vortex, mangling the RDA's electronic detection equipment. A contingent of AMP suits and standard infantry started noticing readings of movement up ahead, although the air force had yet to notice the enemy. As the shuttle approached the stone arches marking the entrance to the Tree of Souls, several hundred banshee mounted warriors of multiple clans waited before descending onto the formation of the RDA soldier, who dared to come close to their sacred place.

Jake Sully accounted for the first RDA casualties when his Toruk grabbed onto a Scorpion gunship and sent it out of control into a nearby cliff face. At this point, the primary strategy of the Na'vi was to fire arrows directly into the cockpits of the enemy aircraft, making use of their banshees' speed and close range to overcome the reinforced glass. Meanwhile on the ground, a large group of Direhorse-mounted Na'vi approached the advancing infantry head on with less effect. Kairiki felt his sisters pain as those of her children fell as they tried thier best to protect their planet. He swayed as the life of his sisters children fell and passed on into her embras.

Although the Na'vi had taken advantage of the element of surprise and managed to destroy several enemy units, Quaritch eventually ordered the RDA to break formation and the battle soon turned to favor the humans and their superior technology. Even though Trudy managed to cause some damage to the enemy in her own Samson (suitably decorated with Na'vi war paint), she was quickly shot down, but in the last moment her ship was caught by two Na'vi warriors of diffrant clans and slowly brought down to the ground where she was then broken free of her plain and swiftly taken away back to the tree of souls.

At this point, the Na'vi sustained heavy casualties, including Tsu'tey (who attempted a direct assault on the Valkyrie shuttle), Trudy (after fighting the Dragon Assault Ship) and Seze, Neytiri's banshee. The RDA soon regained control of the fight and were subsequently allowed to regroup and resume their bombing run of the Tree of Souls.

Tsu'tey dropped from the sky slowly falling but just as he hit the ground and passed out a white light swallowed his vision. Blinking slowly trying to het his barings Tsu'tey looked around before catching sight of a Na'vi woman almost Who was almost as tall as Kairki. She smiled at him and he slowly relaxed in her presece.

Welcome child of mine and one who has caught my older brothers attention. He blinked before it clicked as to who this woman was. He lowered his head. Greetings Eywa mother to us all and tho the world we live on. Eywa smiled before it slowly faded. I have watched over this world and my brother as he rested under the tree but in all my years I have livied they world that the sky people come from has died and that saddens me so, but as my children die to protect what is their home.

My older brother Kairiki has decided that if it needs to be done he will sacrifice himself for my sake once again and that is somthing I do not wish to put him though again or put the one who is to be his mate though as well. So I have dicided that I will step in and ask the help of my children. So go Tsu'tye warrior protect your people and make that foolish older brother of mine happy. I do not wish to see you in the realm of warriors until it is your true time.

As Jake slowly came to realize that his counterattack had failed and Neytiri prepared one final, suicidal attempt to attack the advancing enemy ground forces despite Jake's order to hold her fire, much of the native wildlife suddenly organized against the human invaders. Dozens of hammerhead titanotheres and sturmbeest charged at the advancing AMP suits, their natural frontal armor easily deflecting the large caliber rounds fired by the GAU-90.

This stampede made short work of the advancing ground forces and quickly caused a retreat, which was pursued by packs of viperwolves. Meanwhile several thousand wild banshees descended on what was left of Quaritch's air force, easily destroying the remainder of the Scorpion gunships. Under the cover of this new assault, Jake single-handedly raided the Valkyrie shuttle, disabling one of its starboard engines by tossing a hand grenade into the intake. As he escaped on the back of his toruk, the shuttle lost control and careened into the nearby mountainside, losing its entire starboard side wing and crashing into the valley below, detonating the explosives carried on board well clear of the Tree of Souls.

A similar tactic with the Dragon Assault Ship failed as Quaritch had seen him coming and took evasive action. The grenade that was meant for the engine intake detonated inside an air vent, breaching the hull and forcing the crew inside to don exopacks. Despite the effort to shake Jake off the ship, he managed to separate a hellfire missile from its coupling and send it into the front starboard lift-fan, causing the aircraft to lose control and explode in mid air. While this signaled the end of the battle and the RDA's attempt to destroy the Tree of Souls, Quaritch successfully managed to escape in one of the unused AMP suits, landing clear of the Dragon's burning wreckage shortly before it crashed.

Jake managed to fall clear of the explosion and slowed his descent by using the oversized foliage found on the trees of Pandora. Quaritch, however, now marching through the woods in an AMP suit, managed to locate the avatar uplink capsule that Trudy and the scientists had previously stolen. Before he could destroy it, Neytiri attacked him from behind on the back of a thanator and managed to destroy his GAU-90 before Quaritch could dispatch the thanator with an AMP suit knife, leaving Neytiri pinned under it. Before he could return his attention to the uplink station, Jake cut him off and attacked, destroying both Quaritch's knife and breaching the glass canopy of the AMP suit.

Quaritch was able to don an emergency exopack, and he then attacked the uplink station, breaching one of its reinforced glass windows and destroying an empty uplink. Jake attacked Quaritch again from behind, losing his own knife in the struggle. Jake was having difficulty maintaining his connection with his avatar, soon finding himself at the end of his own knife. Neytiri, who had just managed to free herself from beneath the deceased thanator, finally dispatched Colonel Quaritch with two arrows to his chest. Jake, unable to maintain his uplink to his avatar, awoke in the breached uplink station and unsuccessfully attempted to don an emergency exopack, losing consciousness a mere 100 yards away from Neytiri. Neytiri managed to piece together what was going on, and placed the exopack over Jake's face, allowing him to get enough oxygen to regain consciousness.

Tsu'tey quickly made his way to the tree of souls running and pushing his body faster then he has ever done before running and jumping, Till finialy he made it to the tree bypasing Mo'at as he reached for the one who shall be his mate with the blessing of Eywa he pushed forth. Stopping until he reached Kairiki. The smiled that shown on his face and the reliefe he felt in his precence stopped everything in Tsul'teys world as his eyes focuced on Kairiki before lanching forward and kissing him. Showing him and making him feel that Tsu'tey is there and safe.

After the Pandoran war, the leadership of the Omatikaya was passed onto Jake by Tsu'tey, who has decided that his place shall stay as a warrior and by his mates side Kairiki. The Na'vi approached the Hell's Gate compound and forced the RDA personnel to leave Pandora for good. Some humans, presumably those who had aided the Na'vi in their struggle, were allowed to stay behind. This included Jake, Norm, Max, some of the other science crew. Trudy who also lived though the attack stood with the two male Na'vi as she has caugh their attention with her bravery to face the other sky people and help protect their planet. Jake elected to undergo a Na'vi ritual to transfer his consciousness permanently into his avatar, thus becoming one of the Na'vi forever. It is unknown what happened to the rest of the humans who were allowed to stay, or if other members of the avatar team underwent the same ritual.