Chapter 7 (When butterflies strike...)

Sunday morning I had nothing to do but to read. I wrote my homework and talked to Angie and Kayla saying that I was sick. They didn't interrogate much since they were busy explaining their dates and they were coming around five p.m so I had a lot of time for me. I took the book from under my pillow when my phone buzzed. I thought that it was Angie or Kayla but the number was unknown. It was a message.

I opened it and then...

"I haven't seen you three days. Are you avoiding me sugar?"

There was only one person who called me sugar. How did he find my number?

"Don't flatter yourself. How did you get my number?"

"Chris and Johnny helped but what I'm interested in is why you weren't in school? I missed you so much xoxo"

I tried to calm myself and type an answer.

"The pain in my stomach came back. I guess you had to miss me since I didn't come to school because of you."

After few minutes of not one answer I started feeling guilty about what I wrote. Maybe I was a little to cruel.

And then it rang. My hands shook as I hesitated if I should answer.

I picked up.

"Hello." My voice was unsteady.

"You really hit the spot with the last message."

"Sorry, but you did push it."

"So are you coming in school tomorrow or the pain is too much to handle?"

"I'll be there. Why are you so anxious to see me anyways?"

"So I can get my prize of course."

I kept quiet a minute. I didn't thought about that in a while. Liar! A voice inside my head screamed. That's all you could think about.

"Don't worry sugar. I am best at what I do."

I still kept quiet.

"Are you still there?"

I nodded my head.

"Are you nodding your head?" He asked.

"Yes." I whispered.

"You have kissed somebody before right?"

"Yeah of course. I just don't want to kiss you." I answered immediately.

"Oh fine. I won't push it that much. I can see you are freaking about it so if it eases your mind I won't kiss you this week so calm down. And come to school."

I let out a long sigh. Thank god. I am saved. For now.

"So are we cool?"

"Yes."

"So were you joking about the bruises or is it really that bad?"

"I was avoiding you." I admitted.

"You scared the shit out of me sugar. I can't forgive myself if I actually did something to you. And I promised to protect you."

"I'm fine."

"So did you think of me while you were laying in your bed recovering?" God that self observed asshole...

"I did."

I listened to him choke. "You did?"

"Oh yes. Plenty of times. While I was in bed...recovering...from the bruises you caused."