04 friday night haze

DECEMBER 1995

DECEMBER 1995

"Why on earth did I agree to this?"

After the final practice of 'She's Electric', the band were tired; of each other and of the song. All Annette wanted was some booze, different music and new faces. That would improve everything.

A week of hearing Liam Gallagher's continual reminder that he was a 'fucking rock'n'roll star' was truly the most mortifying experience of her life. He always had to have the final say in every agrument. A chair was thrown across the room at least twice a day. Cigarettes and alcohol almost burnt the whole place down at some point.

"It was your idea, dickhead." Noel's malicious grin betrayed his own frustration as he playfully slapped his brother on the back. "It's nice to feel the fresh air anyway. Being cooped up in that room would've turned into a shitshow."

"I can't believe it's Friday already. That week went a lot faster than I expected it would," Annette said. She followed them down the London alleyways. The cool air was a welcome relief after the stuffiness of the practice room. It was just her and the brothers. The rest of the band had gone their separate ways. Annette guessed that it was because they wanted to escape from Liam. Annette was certain that being in his presence was causing her IQ to drop by the minute.

"Where we going, anyways?" Liam's jacket swayed from side to side and his black glasses were holding onto the tip of his nose for dear life. He shoved them back into place with an annoyed sigh.

Noel glanced at Annette, confusion etched on his face.

"I thought we were just going for a walk?" Annette murmured, her eyes then lit up at the thought of a drink. "Or do you want to celebrate?"

Liam stopped in the middle of the alleyway. "What d'you mean?"

"I think she means: get pissed, start a fight-"

"You're not starting a fight again. Remember what happened last time?" Annette took her gaze away from Noel, now looking at the pub in the distance.

It was called: 'The Secret Place'. It was the perfect name for such a hidden corner of London. A random pub in the middle of a bunch of crooked alleyways was almost like a gift from the heavens. It was as if the place was calling for them, beckoning for them to come in with open arms. Annette's shoes crashed against each puddle on the damp concrete, making water stain the brick walls beside them.

Sounds of rowdy, middle-aged men were infused with the constant bickering of Liam and Noel. There was surely some kind of football on in the pub, seeing as all of the men had a pint of beer in their wrinkly hands.

"We'll do whatever the lady wants. She's our guest." Liam hooked his arm through Annette's out of nowhere. He was already a little bit drunk. Bonehead had stupidly left him a bottle of red wine which he drank with his pinky out. He was trying to act posh or something. But, with those glasses, he looked like a 'right numpty'. Noel's words, not Annette's.