Chp 39

Within half an hour of us catching up Kaiden was fast asleep, his soft snores filling the room. I caught Peyton staring at us multiple times, but she always kept her expression guarded. I gently rubbed my sons back, listening to the others plan the way back. Peyton wanted to say goodbye to an acquaintance, Aries wanted to leave right away and Elijah was practically downright refusing to leave at all, which left us all arguing quietly.

"I'm not leaving without you Eli, so either you come with us or I'll stay with you." Peyton threatened, growling softly.
"Which means I'll be staying too, I'm not losing my mate again." I chimed in, despite not being a part of the earlier conversation.
"I'll visit?" Elijah offered weakly, glancing at Jessica.
"She can come too if that's what you're worried about." Peyton suggested, clearly desperate to have her honorary son back.

"It's not just that-"
"Elijah. We've been through a lot ok? It would make all of us feel much better if you came with us, where we can protect you if we need to. You can bring whoever or whatever you want, as long as they're not dangerous to anyone else." Aries finally butted in using his alpha dominance, just done with the arguing.
"Yes sir." Elijah mumbled, lowering his head in submission.
"We leave in the morning. Get some sleep." Aries gave Elijah a look.
"And don't even think about leaving."

Elijah simply nodded and we all decided on bedrooms; Peyton and I would sleep in her's, Kaiden in his, Aries and Elijah in the living room and Jessica in the guest room. That argument lasted longer than it should have, but we finally agreed on everything and went to bed, all of us anxious of the next day.
I laid in bed, one arm around my runaway mate, and thought about how much my life has changed in the past twenty-four hours. Peyton fell asleep almost instantly, her even breathing telling me as much, while I struggled to do the same.
For years I've searched for her, only to come up empty handed and confused thanks to her little tricks, but now I had her bad and I wasn't letting her go.

~~~~

*Peyton's POV*

After a good nights rest and a long flight, I was finally home. Kaiden was napping in his car seat while Aries drove to Angel's place, Orion was in the back with me, holding my hand over Kaiden's lap as he was in between us and Elijah was seated in the very back with Jessica, though they haven't said anything in a while.

I sighed heavily in thought and glanced out the window, watching the familiar buildings slide by.
"You ok?" Orion asked softly, squeezing my hand.
"It's just weird to be home." I smiled softly at his concern.
"I should be the one asking you that. I left for nearly four and a half years only for you to find me and the child you didn't know we were having." I could see the pain in his eyes at the last bit and his eyes fell on his son.

"I'll be ok. I'm not mad, really. I'm just shocked honestly, I don't think it's really sunk in yet." He mumbled softly.
"I'm sorry I never told you..."
"Don't worry about it Peyton, I'm just happy to know you don't mind having kids." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.
"A kid, not including Elijah since I didn't physically birth him. Plus, he's not much of a kid anymore."
"What if we had one more?"
"Orion!"

"What!? I want a little princess." He whined childishly, pouting his lips and giving me puppy dog eyes.

At least we know where Kaiden gets it from....
Our boys...
Our adorable boys.

I sighed heavily and shook my head lightly at my mates antics, but didn't dignify it with an answer.
"Please?"
"Shush Orion, we're here."
As soon as the car had come to a complete stop I unbuckled my son and gently woke him up.
"Mommy....?" He mumbled, blinking at me sleepily.
"Hi baby, wanna meet your auntie angel?" I asked as I climbed out of the car and set him on his feet.

He nodded eagerly as he took in the unfamiliar surroundings and the door to Angel's house opened up, revealing her roommate I eventually came to know as Kate.
"Is that her mommy!?" Kaiden inquired, his eyes sparkling excitedly.
"Nope." I had to bite back a laugh as Angel came sprinting out to hug Aries.
"That's her buddy."

He grinned and ran at her, wrapping his tiny arms around one of her legs. Angel let out an 'oof' and looked down at my son in shock.
"Auntie angel!" He cried, giving her the biggest smile he could muster.
"Excuse me?" Angel questioned, her gaze finding me.
"Angel, this is my son Kaiden. And by extension you're nephew." I grinned at her like a child and waved to Kate.

"Olive's waiting inside by the way, might wanna come break the news to her." Kate called, followed by a loud;
"WHAT NEWS!? PEYTON!!!!" I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly as my friend burst out of the house and charged straight for me, her eyes glowing.
"Hey Oli, what's up?" I asked nonchalantly.
"Don't you dare 'hey Oli' me lady, where have you been!?"
"Oh y'know, around."

"Peyton."
"Olive."
She glared sharply at me and only tore her gaze away when my son came between us, clutching my sweatpants.
"Who's this mommy?" He whispered not so softly.
"This is mommy's best friend! Her name is Olive. Olive, this is Kaiden."
"Peyton whatever you're middle name is Pierce. What did you do?"
"Ran away after getting pregnant." I muttered, ruffling Kaiden's hair.

"Better than the alternative I guess. We have a lot to catch up on."
"Yeah, like for instance, i don't know, maybe the mark on your neck?"
"Oh, you saw that?"
"Of course I did you idiot, you're wearing a tank top. Plus, even if I didn't see it I definitely would've smelt it." I waved a hand by nose as if blowing away a stink.

She rolled her eyes and playfully punched my arm.
"Wanna go inside and catch up?" Orion suggested, glancing at the rest of the group I'd forgotten was even there.
"Sure." Oli and I agreed simultaneously.
We all made our way inside and sat on the chairs or the floor while talking about various things that had happened over the past four years.

We talked for hours, until Kaiden got bored and hungry and we decided to go to a restaurant for dinner. Kaiden was excited, we never really had the chance to go out because I was always working or just didn't have enough money to go. He was practically bouncing in place as we told the employee it was just the eight of us.
We followed the woman to a large booth and settled in, each of us getting a menu to look over while Kaiden got a coloring page and some crayons.

"Daddy look!" Kaiden called, showing Orion the dark brown wolf he'd half colored. I wanted to laugh at the similarities between the coloring page and Orion's wolf form and he clearly caught on, as he shot me a look as he ruffled Kaiden's hair.
"Good job buddy." He congratulated with a smile. Kaiden was about to reply just as Olive's phone went off.
"Sorry guys, I'll be right back." She apologized, sliding out and heading for the front doors to have a private conversation.

It's gotta suck having a bunch of nosy supernaturals as friends and family...

After a little while of thinking it over Olive came back with a frown just as the waitress came over to take our orders.
"You alright kitty?" I asked, bringing back the nickname I've had for her since we met.
"I'll tell you in a bit." She replied, giving the waitress a fake smile and then proceeding to tell her what she wanted.
We all took turns -I obviously ordered for Kaiden- and as soon as the waitress was out of earshot we all turned to Oli.
"So?"

She shrugged.
"My parents called and said they had something important to tell me, so they'll be coming in just a-" she paused as a man with white hair and blue eyes and a woman with brown hair and brown eyes made their way over to our table, both of them looking anxious. I took a sip of my water, curious as to what this news was, as Kate spoke up and all the water I had in my mouth came rushing out in surprise.
"Mom?!"

A/N tadaaaaaa 1 1/2 chapters worth of words as well as an awesome twist I'm sure a small portion of you didn't see coming lol I hope it's ok!
P.S. what do y'all think of Kaiden????