Escape Room

Just a short written for dynamics and humor! This is not an actual one of the stories, that's why the characters do not have names, tell me what you think!

           INTP sighed. She had been working her brain exasperatedly trying to crack this nearly impossible code for over an hour. She was tired, and her motivation was draining.

           Why did she have to do this? Well—INTP, INTJ, ESTP and INFJ were stuck in an escape room that ESTP had convinced them to join in on. INTP thought it seemed like fun, and INFJ was actually looking forward to it. As long as she didn't have to do any of the calculations—INTP loved that anyway. INTJ on the other hand, wanted to sleep in, but they wouldn't let his lazy self rest. He had the most analytically-intelligent mind out of the others, INFJ thought, and he was needed here to keep ESTP from making stupid decisions. INTP had to agree on that.

           "Hey, INTP, you need help with that?" ESTP walked over and pulled the paper INTP was holding out of her hands. He paused for a moment and then sighed, "Yeah... I dunno. You should ask INTJ." ESTP left with a shrug, muttering something about 'if ENTP was here everything would be more fun'.

            INTJ was busy sulking in his own personal space about how desperately he wanted to find a means of escape, annoyed that he was dragged back by INFJ each time.

           "I think I found something!" INFJ ran over to him. She was holding a small key in the shape of a star. "Do you know where this goes?" She tilted her head to the side and asked him. He held his head as if it was a pain to think through something he didn't find interesting. He wasn't lazy, he just didn't care.

          "I believe it was over there," He pointed to a blue box on top of a silver shelf on the opposite side of the room. She let out a nervous laugh,

          "Oh thank you! I can't believe I didn't notice that," He tried to smile in response to her but let out a strained noise. She eyed him with a concerned look and walked off to try out the key. INFJ pushed it into the box and nearly tripped on something under her while doing so. She sighed and twisted the key in a hurrying notion until she was able to pull it open. 'There's a note here,' She thought to herself, grabbing it and shutting the small door. She rushed over to the others to show them.

ESTP stared blankly at the paper, and then lit up with a confident smile, "Oh, so all we have to do is crack this code and—"

"Another  CODE?" INTP groaned in frustration. She looked over at INFJ who began a nervous sweat,

"I don't know how to crack morse code... these sort of things make my head throb, and I'm sure you can do it a lot better than me..."

"Fine, fine, let me see," INTJ walked into the main area of the room and away from his corner. He sighed and took the small note. "It's not about cracking, it's about reading," He said as if INFJ was the most stupid thing to exist. "Morse code is a language."

ESTP burst out, "See? This is what I'm saying! Where's ISTP's manual when we need it?–"

"Shush, do you want me to do this or not?" He said sternly. He wasn't going to waste his energy on them if they didn't care. What would be the point of that?

"Bro, do you need, like, privacy to do this? Or-?" ESTP started but INFJ nudged him. INTJ's face broke into a small grin,

"It's a riddle. It sounds like something written by INFP, but I think it's hinting at something." The three of them looked at him with curious expressions. "IT SAYS," He began, INTP jumped from the sudden raise in his annoying tone, "I sit above you without judging you and can protect you and keep you warm. What am I?"

"ENTJ?" ESTP responded with a snicker but was abruptly cut off,

"A hat!" INTP said, "That means the next key is probably in the blue one over there!" INTJ groaned at her, and he thought he was the smart one.

EXTRA: If INFJ & INFP teamed up against ENTP in a Pokémon battle:

-INFP uses awkward tears-

-INFJ doubles awkward tears-

-ENTP stumbles-

-INFJ uses illogical logic-

ENTP: "AUGHH, IT HURTS,"

-ENTP hurriedly uses final move, Debate-