CHAPTER TEN: Stay With Me

*Cliff's point of view*

We've been searching for Kanzie everywhere but she's off the grid and we've heard nothing from Holly, I tapped her phone just to make sure she's not lying to us, but of course she doesn't know about that. It puzzles me why Kanzie ran away, it's not like her to just run away from her problems. I keep thinking maybe the news about me getting  reinstated was too much for her, I mean it's always been just the two of us ever since her mum died, but I wish she could understand that there's nothing I can do my hands are tied, if I don't willingly submit to them then they will make the rest of my life and Kanzie's life extremely hard and I don't want that for her, she deserves so much better.

*Kanzie's point of view*

I open my eyes from my sleep and I see this beautiful beach ahead of us and the view just left me speechless, it just looked so amazing, I turn to Mark whose just looking at me with nothing but desire, damn I want him so bad...

"It's so beautiful out here" I say trying to avoid thinking dirty thoughts.
"Yes it's very beautiful." Mark responds expect his looking at me and not the view of the beach and I can't help but blush.
"How about we take a walk?"
"How about we stay here for a little bit?" Mark counters but I'm confused, what does he mean 'stay'??
"Stay??" I say with an arched eyebrow.
"Yeah I have a small beach house around here, we can walk there it's hard to drive around here because of the vendor stalls and the people around."
"Who are you exactly Mark?" I say jokingly while laughing and nodding my head.
"The man after your heart Kanzie." he winks, his so adorable when he tries to be cheesy.
"Cheesy! But yeah let's go."

We park at some lay by and walk into this crowded market area and now I understand why he said we couldn't drive there, we literally had to push our way through, but its so beautiful the people are so welcoming,  I spot this little stand that has beautiful necklaces that have gem stones on them, there's one that really caught my attention, it had a red ruby which is my favorite stone, but then I'm broke can't afford it.

Mark's point of view

I'm taking Kanzie to my beach house and while walking in the market area i notice her looking at this beautiful necklace, it had a red ruby on it, honestly it was beautiful and definitely fit for a queen. I could tell she was sad she couldn't have and knowing Miss Independent right here, she definitely won't ask me to get it for her, it would really go well with her beautiful eyes and skin tone.

"Do you like it ma'am?" The lady selling the necklaces asked Kanzie
"They are all so beautiful." Kanzie responds and keeps walking admiring the beauty around her and just taking in the scenery.
"Are you hungry?" We haven't eaten for a while now so obviously she has to be starving, I know I am!
"Yeeeppp!!" She exclaims looking even more adorable, damn I found my foodie partner.
"There's a nice place just a few blocks from here." I tell her while grabbing her hand and leading her through the crowd.

The place wasn't that far from where we where so we where there in less than ten minutes and not to mention this is my favorite place in Cuba it's called 'Mí casa'. I like it because it has no walls more like an outdoor restaurant, it also has a karaoke bar and I have something up my sleeves for this day. I walk her to one of the tables at the center and help her take her seat, the waiter brings us glasses of water and menus.

"What do you fancy?" I ask while thinking of what I want myself, everything here is heavenly it's always hard to pick.
"Mmm I think I'll go with whatever you get." She says smiling and putting the menu down, I figured it's because she's new here and maybe a little hesitant about what to eat, finally the waiter comes back and I order Roma Vienna, picadillo, yuca con mojo and tamales, yep I'm giving her a taste of Cuba, all the best dishes in Cuba.
While waiting for our order I could steal glances of Kanzie zoning out while listening to some of the guys singing, I am curious to find out if she can sing no wait I'm dying to find out if she can sing, but I strongly believe she does. After ten minutes our food finally gets here, looking at it made me realize just how hungry I was, I ordered some drinks (cocktails)  and water as well because some of this is really spicy.