.+. ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 .+.

.+. ESPRESSO'S POV .+.

I walked into my house after saying my goodbyes to Latte, Raspberry, and Madeleine. I shut the door and put my back against it with a hand on my chest, letting out a sigh. The only thing I was able to hear was my heart, which was beating at a faster rate than usual.

I shook my head and brushed it off. I walk into my room, heading towards my lab until my phone buzzed. I walked over to my bed and sat down on it, picking up my phone from my bedside table. I opened to see a text message from Latte.

< ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴛᴇ ʟᴀᴅʏ

espresso u shuldve seen the look on ur face today! u were blushing like crazy!😂
Today at 6:34 pm

Me

Shut up, Latte. It's not funny. He was RIGHT THERE.
Today at 6:35 pm

ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴛᴇ ʟᴀᴅʏ

come on espresso yk ur gonna have to tell him one day anyway
Today at 6:35 pm

Me

I know, but you guys almost exposed me in front of him!! I would like to tell him myself, please and thank you.
Today at 6:35 pm

ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴛᴇ ʟᴀᴅʏ

but espresso the thing is you say ull do it but sometimes u just dont.

plus i know ur afraid of what he may think but u gotta tell him eventually.
Today at 6:36 pm

Me

I know...

But I'm just not ready yet. Also he's annoying on some occasions.

Anyways, I have to get back to work, Latte. I'll talk to you later.
Today at 6:37 pm

ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴛᴇ ʟᴀᴅʏ

WAIT-
Today at 6:37 pm

ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴛᴇ ʟᴀᴅʏ is typing...

I turned off my phone and put it on silent mode. Putting it down on my bed, I thought about what Latte had just told me. I would have to tell him eventually... So why am I hesitating now? I sighed and stood up, heading to my lab to work in there for the rest of the night.

As I rummaged through my papers and files and found the paper I needed 20 minutes later. I began reading the paper out loud and following the instructions, dropping small droplets of coffee into the beaker, which had many other contents mixed inside of it.

After adding it in, a small puff of smoke exploded from the beaker, signaling that it had worked. It didn't explode this time! I silently celebrated, being careful not to knock over the lab equipment.

An hour later into the experiment, I started feeling dizzy and tired, though if I were to stay up all night drinking more coffee, Latte would probably kill me for that. I tried to force my eyes open to continue on my research. Not too long after, I seem to have crashed again because I ended up waking up on my bed a few hours later.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. I put on my glasses and turned on my phone to check the time. 6 am already? Jeez, how long did I fall asleep for..? Wait- Wasn't I in my lab? I started to get off my bed and head towards the door.

I was able to hear faint chatter coming from the kitchen from my room. Huh? Who's in my house? I quietly opened the door and walked down the hallway to the dining room.

I peeked into the kitchen and saw Latte standing at the stove cooking breakfast. There was fresh coffee on the counter next to her. She was talking on the phone with someone, I couldn't really tell who.

She turned her head around and saw me. "Oh, good morning, Ess!" She said, while putting the eggs and pancakes she had made onto three plates. Wait, three? There's only two of us. I think.

Latte said goodbye to whoever she was calling and hung up. "So, how'd you sleep?" She asked, placing the plates and cups of coffee on a tray to bring to the dining table.

"...Fine I guess. I somehow woke up on my bed even though I was in my lab... How'd you get into my house?" I sat down at the table as she giggled. She raised house keys that were dangling from her hand. Oh of course. She had my spare house keys.

"I came to check up on you to see if you were asleep, and that was when I found you passed out on the floor. So, I simply just dragged you to bed." She said laughing.

As I was about to respond, I suddenly heard knocking at my front door. I sighed and got up from my chair, walking towards the door to open it. When I opened it, there stood Madeleine in the doorway.

He had his armor on, along with his sword and shield. I crossed my arms. "What do you want now, Madeleine." I glared at him as he stared at me. He stood there for a good 1-2 minutes looking at me before answering.

He slightly shook his head apologized for his behavior. "My apologies, Espresso! I did not mean to do that.. Latte invited me over to your house to eat breakfast. I'll just be here for breakfast since I have my duties I need to go handle."

I sighed and let Madeleine in. We both made our way to the dining table, staying silent. As we sat down, Latte put our plates in front of us.

"Latte. Why'd you invite Madeleine over here at 6 in the morning?!" I whispered to her. "Why not? I thought it'd be a nice surprise for you." She giggled as I felt myself blushing a little.

"Okay, but not in the morning, please!" I scowled at her. We all began to eat our breakfast as Latte and Madeleine spoke to each other.

But then suddenly, out of nowhere, Latte asked, "Madeleine, are you free tomorrow?" He looked at her in confusion. "It depends on what time. Why?"

"Oh not much, I just wanted to hang out! Would 6 pm be okay?"He nodded and finished off his plate of food. Latte looked at me excitedly. Oh boy, Here we go again.

She nudged my arm a little bit. "Ess, wanna come?" She said in a rather excited tone. I rolled my eyes, "I suppose." 

Madeleine picked up our plates and cups to go wash them as Latte silently celebrated. I wonder what she's so excited about? It's just a normal hang out. I think.

Once Madeleine was finished putting away the dishes, he said his goodbyes and headed off to work, but before he could leave, "Madeleine, wait.."

He turned around and looked at me, tilting his head slightly. "Yes, Espresso? Do you need something?" I couldn't help it and ran over to him to give him a small hug.

"Be careful, Madeleine. I know how careless you are." I let go of him and crossed my arms. He smiled and nodded.

"Of course. I will come back unharmed! Trust me, Essie, I'll be alright. I promise..." He pat my head a few times before saying goodbye again.

I watched him walk into the forest with the sword and shield he had brought.

"Will he be okay?" Was all I was able to think about.

-------------------

So I accidentally fell asleep while writing this too but thank god i didnt accidentally publish it- I usually write at night causd its when im able to get ideas so😃

1226 Words.