Chapter One | Eyes of a Beast

Hi everyone!

It's been a hot minute, but I have returned. Some unforeseen circumstances arose with my ex-partner, and I was starting a new job at the same time, so needless to say, my mental health hasn't been the greatest. However, I think it is safe to say that I have found some closure now at least, and am beginning to feel much better.

This chapter is full of delicious goodies for you - and although it's probably not my best, I hope you like it, while I get used to writing my old characters from this new perspective!

I also have an extra chapter for CK that has been keeping me going over this past month, it is very Darius and Iris heavy, and I will be posting it this week as well.

I hope this first chapter is everything you wished for,
Love Daisy xx

_______________________

Chapter One | Eyes of a Beast

-

For my darling Circe,
I hope I can have half your courage, kindness, and ferocity.

-

The sun rose over the ocean, turning the blue water gold and casting away the morning mist. New light caught the white sails of the pirate ship that sailed fearlessly below and warmed the crew that bustled across the deck.

Deep within the bowels of the ship, a figure stirred in her bed, roused by the sound of music emanating from somewhere on board.

Iris groaned lightly as she woke, rubbing her tired eyes and yawning as she stretched her arms to the head of the bed. The rocking of the ship was soothing this morning- a stark contrast to the jolting chaos of yesterday.

Yesterday. Iris's eyes flung wide open. That's right- there had been a raid on the ship yesterday. No, they had raided a ship yesterday. Because they were pirates.

Pirates.

She was aboard a pirate ship.

This time her groan was genuine. How had she ended up on a pirate ship of all things? And the ship of the Pirate King no less? Iris remembered the fearless grin that Circe had offered her and scrubbed at her face tiredly. Was this really going to be, okay?

In the silence of her musings, the sound of the piano reached her ears once more. Listening carefully, she still couldn't quite pinpoint where it was coming from. The melody was beautiful- obviously the player was skilled. She rose from her bed and dressed quickly. Guessed she knew what she was doing this morning.

-

Those that Iris passed on her way through the halls didn't seem too terrifying- in that they ignored Iris suitably and continued with whatever duties they were preforming, and Iris once again found herself doubting that it was actually a pirate vessel she had boarded.

Perhaps the tales she had read about pirates had been exaggerated? Were it not for the proudness with which Circe had declared their occupation one of piracy, Iris might have believed the claim to be an elaborate joke, aimed at teasing newcomers. In fact, that still seemed rather plausible.

The sound of the piano rose and fell as Iris moved through the halls, eventually making her way out onto the deck. The sky was clear, and the fresh sea air that swirled around her had a slight bite to it. No-one seemed to pay her much mind, and Iris paused to listen harder as the piano music disappeared under the noise before remerging. The sound led her over to a door and Iris paused in front of it before raising a hand to knock.