chapter one

I felt gentle shake on my shoulder. I opened my eyes. I saw a girl dressed in rags shaking me. She had ugly red hair and her skin was a light brown color. "Who are you and why are you waking me up?" I asked. I know I sounded like a jerk but, who cares.

"I was told to w- wake you up" she answered like she was scared of me. I narrowed my eyes. A tear dropped down from her blue eyes and rolled down her cheek. Why is she crying?

"Quit being a baby and make me breakfast now" I said. She quickly ran out of my room and went the wrong way. Pitter patter clong clong was the rhythm of her feet running down the hallway. I sat up. I ran my hand over my blankets. They were soft and purple.

I walked over to my mirror. My bare feet were cold on the marble floor. I looked down at my feet. I always liked my floor. It had black, white and gray swirled together.

I found myself in front of my mirror. My black hair curled around the colorful curlers. A few hairs stuck out. Dumb servant. Why should she have the nerve to do my hair wrong. My night dress was bright pink that had white lace around the neck and my cuffs. My mirror had solid gold around the edges angles were carved in it.

A silver bell sat on top of the dresser connected to the mirror. I picked the bell up. I gently shook it. Ring, ring ring. Five servants rushed in. One was carrying a wooden chair. It was plain. No cushion, no cravings, no anything. Is she joking? One servant had blonde messed up hair and brown hair, she was pale and looked frightened. One had brown hair that was partly brushed. One was wearing a black hat with a flower in it. Her hair was tucked under it. One was...big. She had black hair and she was African-American. The one carrying the chair was very small. It looked like she could barely lift the chair. She was new, I could tell. They were all wearing there uniforms. Black and wight. She put down the chair in front of the mirror. I stood there and glared at the small one. I towered over her, on purpose.

"Yes?" She asked

"What is this?" I asked. Pointing to the chair. Some dust stuck to my index finger

"We are gonna do your hair" she answered.

"What is that?" I said again pointing to the chair.

"A...chair" she said to me, confused. I ran my finger up and down the ugly chair. Dust collected on my finger. I sprinkled it on the floor. That servants moved out the chair. The small one crouched down to pick up the dust. I leaned down beside her "don't let that happen again" I whispered in her ear. She nodded.

The servants brought out a small heavy thrown. I sat down. I heard something burst through the door. "I need the princess"