Zydrate comes in a little glass vial

Chapter One

Shilo walked out of the opera covered in her fathers and Blind Mag’s blood, her head held high. She’d just watched her father die right in front of her. As she walked out the doors reporters gathered around the girl, like a pack of coyotes circling their prey.

“Shilo! Is it true that Rotti Largo knew your mother?”

“Miss Wallace! What are your comments on how your father locked you in your room your whole life?”

The seventeen year old was swarmed with questions; Questions she wasn’t sure how to answer.

“I.. I..” She stuttered as she looked around at all of the cameras and people.

“Kid!” Across the street was the only person Shilo knew she could trust, the same person that had helped her quite a few times.  Graverobber.

He waved for her to follow him, “Excuse me.”  Shilo said quietly as she squeezed through the crowd of bodies, questions were still being thrown at her and hands grabbed at her. 

A gloved hand reached through the few bodies that were blocking her way and pulled her out of the crowd, “Hey Kid.” Shilo was greeted by a friendly smile that soon disappeared as the reporters tried to pull her back into the swarm or bodies.

“Graverobber!” Shilo cried out as she was pulled away from the Graverobber.

I… I can’t breathe… The swarm of people was making it near impossible for her to breathe, She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. The Graverobber tried to force his way through the crowd to get to Shilo but he kept getting pushed back.  “Move dammit!” He grumbled and pushed a man aside.

After catching a glimpse of Shilo’s face Graves knew she was about to pass out.. Her pale features were twisted with fear; she’d never been swarmed with so many people. Having more than two people around still made the girl uneasy.

And that’s when things went black for Shilo, her eyes closed as she dropped to the ground and a single gasp silenced the whole crowd.

“Shilo..” Graverobber was finally able to make his way through the crowd, he bent down and picked up the teenager. She looked almost peaceful.

“Who are you?” One of the reporters chimed in as the crowd separated to let Graves through.

“Someone you don’t want to mess with.” He growled at the small man with the colorful bow tie before walking down the street with Shilo safe in his arms.

Graverobber had only seen the Wallace house once, the night Shilo and himself had caught a ride on the back of one of GeneCo’s Trash Trucks, but he still knew how to get there. Graves had a fairly good memory.

Lucky for him, the front door was unlocked.

Seeing Shilo’s room just made him angry, The plastic curtain around her bed is what really pissed him off.

“You deserve better than this, Kid.” Graves muttered as he gently laid Shilo on her bed then look the plastic curtain down and throwing it on the floor.  “A lot better than this..”

He looked at the sleeping Shilo, he couldn’t leave her alone… When she woke up she’d be worried.

He couldn’t put her through anything else.

He flipped on a lamp as it got dark then walked over to the open window.

Why had Nathan Wallace purposefully made his daughter sick?

Why had he locked her away for seventeen years?

What was the point in all of this?

So many questions were running through Graverobber’s head.

“Graverobber?” A tired, innocent voice called out his name. Shilo, Graves put on a fake smile he used on all of his customers as he turned around.

“Hey there, Kid. How’re you feeling?”

“Like someone slammed my head into a cement wall.”  Shilo rubbed her head gently, being careful of her wig.

He let out a low chuckle then made his way over to the bed, “That someone was you and the wall was actually the ground.”

“Wonderful. Wait,” She looked at the man, her eyes filling with tears. “If… If you’re here then Dad’s really..”

“Rotti Largo shot him.”

“Oh my god.. It’s my fault.” The tears streaked down her cheeks.

“Kid…”

“No! It’s my fault! If I would’ve listened to my dad and stayed in my room none of this would’ve happened!” Shilo put her head in her hands and sobbed quietly. All the Graverobber could do was pull the young woman into a hug.

“Shilo, listen to me. It is not your fault. It will never be your fault.” At this, Shilo hugged him back and whispered a quiet “thank you”.

Graves pulled away and stood before her, straightening his jacket. “Well, I better get going.”

“You’re leaving?”

In all honesty, He didn’t want to leave. He wanted to be there for Shilo, to be her shoulder to cry on. “I gotta make money kid.”

“Oh.. Okay.” The look on her face was killing him, she looked so… Miserable.

“I’ll stop by in a couple day.” And then the Graverobber did what he did best. He ran.

TWO DAYS LATER

“Shilo?!” The grave robber called out as he ran into the house, The door had been standing wide open.

“Kid, where the hell are you?” He grumbled and looked around, everything looked exactly the same as when he’d last been in the Wallace house.

He turned towards the stairs and ran up them, taking the stairs two at a time until he was in Shilo’s room. Her clothes and other personal belongings were… gone…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, unfortunately I don't own any of these characters. They belong to the creators of Repo! The genetic opera.