Secrets

*** Damon's P.O.V.***

I reached New Orleans the next day but didn't know where to begin. I didn't know where Klaus lived and my next best alternative was to go to the closest person and see if they could point me in the right direction.

I walked into a bar and went straight for the bar tender. She was a thin blond and if I wasn't in love perhaps I would have found her attractive. She was serving an older lady with gray hair when I walked in "Hi," I smirked at her while leaning on the counter. She looked rather bored and it was like my presence irritated her "You wouldn't happen to know a Klaus Michaelson would you?" I asked. Her boredom turned to a frown and she became more alert. She had heard of him. "I'll take that as a yes,"

"What do you want with him?" She asked cautiously. I frowned. Did he have informants or something?

"Why do you care?" I stood up and became more alert. I saw that she wasn't going to give me an answer without me giving her a reason. "I'm actually looking for his sister. Thaliana Michaelson," It felt weird to say her full name. The woman's face changed again and I knew Thal was in town.

"I don't think that's a good idea. She's gone a bit insane," Her words alarmed me.

"What do you mean insane?" I asked her frowning. The word didn't fit with Thal. Like a puzzle piece that belonged to an entirely different puzzle. She was hysterical, and angry at times but never insane.

"You don't have to answer that Camille," I turned around to see that Klaus was standing at the door to the pub. I turned back to the blond and she shrugged at me before going to help a customer.

"I don't want to start anything Klaus. I just came for Thal," Klaus surveyed me. His eyes scanning me up and down with contempt.

"I can't let you do that," He said lowly.

"What do you mean you can't let me do that? I don't need you to do anything besides tell me where she is," I walked towards him. I knew in a fight he would win but it couldn't hurt to try and look a little bit more intimidating.

"And I've told you that I can't do that. She's happy now, finally over you. And believe me, that took some convincing," I tensed what the hell did he mean by she was over me? "She's on the road to being good and you can't come and mess that up for her,"

"Did she tell you to come say this?" I asked him.

"She would have if she knew you were alive," Klaus paused and when he saw I wasn't responding he sighed. "I'm not going to tell her you're alive and you're not going to see her," He stated simply. I tensed.

"And what happens if I do see her?" I asked him stepping closer to him.

"You won't get that far. I'll erase all memory of her that you have. And this time it won't be reversible," Klaus smirked down at me knowing he'd won. We were the same height but his victory somehow made him stand over me. "Are you willing to risk that?" He asked already knowing the answer. It was silent for a moment and he patted my shoulder. "I didn't think so," I pulled away from him scowling. "Now run along. Before I change my mind and decide to tie up this loose end for good," I took a slow breath and pushed past him to leave the bar. There had to be another way to get to her. I couldn't and wouldn't give up this easily.

***Thal's P.O.V.***

*** Two Weeks later***

I walked with Jason down the street and into Cami's bar. She had resumed bar tending there after Finn left. I sat in one of the stools and Jason sat next to me. It took a little while but eventually Cami walked up to us. She gave me a weird smile but I was too tired to question it. Jason raised an eyebrow at me, I guess he wasn't tired.