Thirty-Five - Giavonni

He was wondering why the girl was crying.

Why who cryin?

Marc rolled his eyes at his brother's response to reading his thoughts. He got out of the line and walked over to the girl's table.

He had come to the mall after school Monday to return a pair of joggers. After putting them on this morning he realized that from far away the pattern between his thighs made it look like he had peed on himself. That wasn't acceptable. He had bought something else and was in the line for some pretzels when he saw the girl.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked her, frowning at the people who without a doubt saw her crying but still walked past her.

How the fuck were they raised?

The girl looked up and stared at him for a moment before wiping her face and looking back down at the table. It seemed like a waste because she just started crying again. He frowned and went to get some napkins from Auntie Anne's, then went and pulled a chair out to sit down next to her.

"Here,"

She eyed him and then the tissue, slowly taking it.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"Don't mention it. What's got you so upset?"

"Nothing, I just need a cigarette."

"That's what you do when you get upset?"

"My girlfriend and I got into a fight. One of her friends told her I was dancing with guys at this party I threw."

"So?"

"That's what I said, but her being her wanted to make a big deal out of it."

"And that made you cry?" Marc stared at her. She glared at him.

"Look Texas boy, I don't need you judging me. Thanks for the tissue, but I'm fine, now run along."

Marc smirked. "How'd you know I was from Texas?"

"I'm an accent connoisseur. Seriously though, go away."

"You done crying?"

The pretty girl laughed. "I'll never be done crying, just stop acting like you care and please go away." She paused when her phone dinged, reminding her she had a photo shoot in an hour. "I gotta call a cab."

"Where you goin?"

"I have a photo shoot, but my girlfriend ditched me."

"Want me to take you?"

The girl looked at him as if he was insane. "Why are you offering a ride to a complete stranger?"

"Because the stranger's in distress, and she's pretty, and she was just crying a minute ago."

"Oh, so you're looking for some ass." She stood up and shook her head.

Marc raised his eyebrow and looked up and down her slim figure. Her ass wasn't flat but it wasn't fat either. Her chest area was there though, and she had a slim waist. She was tall and lean.

"No, but it doesn't look like you got that much to give away anyway." He shot back. She flipped him off and told him she wasn't getting in a car with someone she doesn't know. "But you'll take a cab. Look I'm not gon force you. I can give you a ride if you want, but you not smokin in my car." Marc clarified, standing up beside her. She was tall, but not as tall as him.

She eyed the pack of cigarettes in her hand and frowned. "Fine, but I'm only doing this because I'm 99% sure you go to my school, which means I can ruin you if you mess with me. Now you take me straight there and no pit stops. And don't try to rape me. I know people." She followed closely behind him as they walked to his car.