Chapter 12: Chip's Memories Awakened! Onwards to Final Temple!

3rd POV:

Sonic and his friends have traversed the sixth continent at Adabat, to investigate the activity night and day, and also to find the Temple of Gaia. They manage to defeat one of Eggman's creations and head toward the temple. However, they notice that Chip suddenly felt uneasy but can't figure out what.

As they entered the Temple of Gaia, they noticed Chip was there and looked at the drawings.

Sonic: Whoa!

Y/n: Yep, you said it.

They were surprised to see what seemed to be an ancient drawing of Dark Gaia however there was a certain resemblance that Y/n recognize anywhere. Chip goes up, glows his necklace as a pillar pops up, and flies up the drawing.

Y/n: 'That drawing, that must be Dark Gaia. And the one on top is… Chip?!'

Sonic placed the sixth Chaos Emerald, it glows purple color as it has regained its power while the continent of Adabat is back in place. Chip looks at the ancient drawing and touches it until it lights up brightly. Sonic and his friends noticed what happened.

Y/n: Hey what's going on?

A few seconds later, Chip is getting sucked by the drawing.

Chip: W-whoa, h-help!!

Sonic and Y/n: Chip!!!

Y/n’s Summons: Pika!/Riolu!/Tios!/Tias!

Chip got sucked in the ancient drawing. Chip frantically tries to escape from the void of stars until he hears a voice.

I welcomed your return…

Chip stopped and looked behind him, seeing a mysterious light.

Messenger of day, of light, of rebirth…

A fragment of light energy went inside Chip and his necklace, he embraced it and was awakened by his memories and his duty. Meanwhile, Sonic and his friends are worried about what happened to Chip, until Chip comes out of the ancient drawing and slowly flies to them.

Chip: Everyone, I remember now. All of it.

Chip looked at Y/n and smiled while they were a bit confused until…

Chip: Y/n… I'm honored to meet you at last… a new member of Fairy Tail… and Grandson of Sparda…

Y/n widens his eyes a bit as he's surprised, including Y/n's summons by how Chip knows about him, while Sonic is confused and shocked about Y/n's grandfather.

Chip: Those questions will be answered later, let's leave the temple and follow me.

They agreed as they exited the temple.

Sonic and his friends returned to the village, resting on the wooden platform, watching the ocean flow and the sun slowly setting in silence until…

Chip: My… My real name is Light Gaia. I draw power from the day and light, and guide the planet to its rebirth. My job was to protect the planet from Dark Gaia.

Sonic, Y/n, and his summons are shocked by Chip's real name and his duty.

Chip: But Eggman broke the world apart himself, and Dark Gaia and I were awakened before we should've been.

Y/n: Oh Chip…

Pikachu: *sad* Pika.

Latias: *sad* Tias.

Chip: That's why Dark Gaia broke apart, and I didn't know who I was. I didn't remember what I was supposed to do. All because this isn't the proper time of awakening.