Intro

A:N - First story so don't get your expectations all up. Please enjoy and vote if you likeeey what you seeeee! And always feel free to commit with critique on the chapter and and how I can Do the Right Thing aaaaye to turnt lml Spike Lee lmao. Enjooooy!

(Amari)

I'm licking on my blow pop enjoying the sensation of the watermelon flavor careful not to cut my tongue with a cracked edge when Jacob Perez comes up to me with a small red velvet box.

I glance at the box and let out a sigh knowing damn well it ain't for this hoe.

"Sólo para muchachas hermosas". (Only for beautiful girls). Whatever he just said idgaf because he probably just called me ugly and wants to mace the shit out of me. "For you". I stare at him blankly as he wipes his mouth with his palm and chuckles lightly. "Open it" he pushes it into my hand. Slowly putting the sucker in my mouth I open the box with both hands.

Inside is a flower ring.

Gold and diamonds.

I know it's real.

Real recognize real.

I bite hard on the sucker nearly breaking my teeth. "You like it?". Quickly swallowing the green candy I'm speechless. He rubs his neck. "It's nothing really. I just thought you'd look better with it on". I raise and eyebrow "Excuuuuse me?". He laughs embarrassed "No, no I mean shorty you bad, I mean baad but-" I giggle and stop him.

Taking the ring he's trying to put it on my ring finger but freezes mid way when he spot's the ring...Chresanto August gave me earlier. "I quickly snatch my hand away. "I have 9 fingers left Jacob" I mumble. "Who gave that to you?" he growls trying to avoid eye contact. I twist the ring on my finger. "Who?" he raises his voice. "Why does it matter?" I say lowly not trying to attract any negative attention at my Sweet 16. "It matters because I -"

"Aye Amari dance with me" Chres comes dancing between us like a goofy. Jacob closes the box and with a cold glare at Chres and turns on his feet and begans walking away. I dip behind Chres and quickly snatch the box saying "I never said I didn't want it". Chres grabs my arm and spins me in a circle. My eyes are glued to Jacob as he scoffs before melting into the crowd.

"I never said I didn't want it" I say to my self.