one

A dream job, that's what this was.

You could barely believe it the moment the call came in. You were going to be on a TV show - you were going to be on Wednesday.

It was the second season of production; you'd been a little nervous at first, coming into a pre-established cast, but everyone had gone out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

There's Hunter with his fluffy hair and boyish smile. Joy, so friendly, so warm as she hugs you. Georgie with his accent and long, James Dean-esque haircut.

"We're so happy to have you." Joy says, smile warm. She's gripping onto your arm, "Fresh blood."

"Seriously." Hunter says as he hugs you, "It's good to have you. You'll love it here. We're like a family."

"Have you met the girls yet?" Joy asks. She looks over her shoulder, as if trying to scout them.

The girls can only mean two people. You shake your head, a little nervous. Jenna was the show's star, you had no idea what she'd be like. And Emma was playing your love interest. You'd never had a love interest on screen before, and the show hadn't bothered with a chemistry test. You wondered if you'd like her. Found yourself thinking with butterflies in your stomach how you'd have to kiss her.

"Thick as thieves, those two." Georgie murmurs, "Never one without the other. I'll find them."

He slinks off somewhere. Hunter takes your arm, walks you around the set.

"We're having a get together tonight." Hunter tells you, "You should come. It's like a pre-season celebration."

"I'll be there."

Georgie's back, this time, two girls follow him.

It's Jenna, you recognise her immediately. She's gorgeous, is your first thought. Long dark hair, dark eyes, freckles dotted across her face. It's all you can do to stop your jaw hitting the floor.

"I'm Jenna." She's hugging you. When she pulls back, the other girl is stepping forward.

"I'm Emma" Pretty blue eyes, short, shoulder length blonde hair. You take the hand she offers, smile, a little shy.

"Hi."

She's also gorgeous, you think. In fact, the entire cast is gorgeous. Without thinking, you blurt it out.

They all laugh. Hunter nudges your shoulder.

"Good start. You're going to fit in great."

-

Your first day is a blur of meeting new faces, trying to remember your lines and cues. When it's all over, you're standing in front of the door to Hunter's hotel room, a bottle of Grey Goose in hand.

Hunter ushers you in.

Georgie and Joy are on the balcony, sharing a vape between them.

Jenna and Emma sit on the couch, speaking in soft voices.

They're holding hands, you can't help but notice. Your eyes linger. Wonder why you're a little disappointed.

"What do you want to drink?' Hunter's voice snaps you out of your reverie.

"Vodka-soda."

You mingle a little. Hunter tells you about his husband. Joy shows you how to mix a perfect margarita. Two or three drinks in and you're out on the balcony, taking a breather. You don't even notice someone behind you until you hear Emma's voice.