PROLOGUE/PLAYLIST

____________||||_____________

{The King He Will Become}

     ____________||||_____________

YEARS AGO...

A WOMAN EMERGED FROM THE WATER, carrying a little babe in her arms, Aeron.

Rhaenys and Corlys slowly step forward as the woman approaches them. Rhaenys gently grabs her husband's hand.

The woman stops right in front of them. She hugs Corlys and then Rhaenys as she hands her little babe to her. Tears fall from her eyes as she sees her son in another woman's arms, but she knows that it's for her sons well being.

War had come below the surface, and her enemies would do anything to destroy her and the heir of Atlantis.

"You don't know how grateful I am that you are willing to do this for me, Rhaenys" She said.

Rhaenys pulled her in for another hug. "Promise me you will raise him, like I wish I could" She said.

"I promise, Elyse" Rhaenys said. She couldn't imagine the pain that this mother must have felt. "I will raise him along with my little one" She said as she touched her swollen belly.

Elyse nodded in agreement as she tried to wiped away her tears.

"He is safe hands" Corlys said. "No one will touch him here".

Elyse nodded again.

"I know that you both will raise him well" She said, then she paused. "You will never let him know about my people" She said.

"You will let him know when he gets his powers" She said sternly. Her eyes then soften as her son touched her arm, indicating that he wanted to be back in her arms.

Elyse shook her head no. Aeron reached for her again but was rejected. "I have to go" She said. "My people need my help".

She gave one last kiss to her little son. "Will never forget you, my darling".

"I'll come back, I promise"

And with that she ran back into the sea, to never return back.

Aeron began to cry into Rhaenys neck. "Oh, poor boy" She said as she caressed his hair. "Come on" Corlys said. "It's on the beach, we don't want him to freeze".

Rhaenys nodded and turned towards her dragon, who was laying on the sand.

Meleys lifted her head to face her rider. Aeron frightened, cried even more when he saw the scaled creature. Rhaenys calmly shushed him and told him that Meleys would never hurt him.

Rhaenys mounted her dragon as she carried the little Aeron.

Soon they were up in the sky and soaring back to Driftmark. Where they would raise Aeron into a strong and powerful man. They will raise him to lnow about the secrets of the world under the ocean. The place where he would become King and command the sea, along with her creatures.

To the largest whale l, down to the smallest grill, he would rule and command them all.

But every King will need his Queen. To advise him and to love him. To be his friend.

Friendship is the greatest foundation for love to grow.

______________________

- playlist -

CH. I - In the name of love | Martin Garrix

CH. II ~ III - Genius | Sia

CH. IV - Happier than ever| Billie Eilish

CH. V - Shameless| Camila Cabello

CH. VI - Wine pon you | Doja Cat

CH. VII - Go down deh | Spice, Shaggy

CH. VIII - Tinnitus | TXT

CH. IX - Mi casa su casa | Omar Rudberg

CH. X - Moonlight | Kali Uchis

____________________

You guys ready for this story? I'm not 😂

Get ready for some fun, fluff, some angst and *smut?!* 👀

Anyway I hope you have nice day or goodnight 😚