The Mistake (A One Direction Story)

Aoife Kyers (pronounced EE-vah KYE-urs, it's an Irish name) has lived in one of America's last orphanages for all of her life.

No, this isn't a sob story about an abusive orphanage owner, and a doe-eyed little girl being rescued by One Direction and adopted and living happily ever after. If that's what you were expecting, sorry. Welcome to the real world.

Aoife is content in the small redwood building, left with only two more years of living in the orphanage before she turns eighteen and, consequentially, is left to make her own way into the world. She is happy to stay with the two elderly nuns and the score of other girls who have become her family. But all things (especially the good ones) must come to an end. 

When a strange man rushes into the orphanage looking for a redheaded, pale girl, much like himself, the flustered Sisters have only Aoife to offer. And, in a flash, she is taken from her childhood home and whisked away into the night. The mysterious man leaves her in a tiny, bare apartment with cryptic instructions to keep all doors and windows locked and not to answer if anybody knocks. 

Terrified and confused, Aoife remains hidden even as somebody knocks - bangs - on the door. Finally, the banging ceases, only to be replaced with a splintering crash and five pairs of running footsteps entering the apartment.

Shouts echo through the barren building, shouts about 'a girl'. A girl that can only be Aoife. She hides as best as she can, but when the five strange boys find her there's no escape. 

Waking up from a drug-induced sleep, Aoife finds herself bound uncerimoniously to a bed, with the group of her kidnappers calling her 'the girl' and 'his daughter'. Words, dangerous ones, are tossed arounds. Words like hostage, ransom, murder and capture. 

In a thrilling story shot through with love, fear and action, both One Direction and an exciting plot are woven together to create:

The Mistake, by JaeOnFire