[20] the ball

Chaeri
The next day ( the day of the ball) everyone had been anticipating for, had finally arrived. For the first half of the day me and y/n spent our day organising and cleaning the house.

In our eyes it seems like we did a lot, realistically we just cleaned our room which was better than nothing. Now we were both getting ready.

"Chaeri, have you figured out what hairstyle you want?" We both decided to help each other, she was doing our hair and I was doing the makeup.

"Hmm... I think so?" I mumbled loud enough for her to hear, "I want a low bun parted to the side and two strands of hair out but curled." I sat down in the chair while she worked her magic.

She added a few floral pins in the bun to make it stand out and also curled the two strands of hair, and then she sprayed it with hair spray to keep it in tact.

"Done!" She said happily, I looked in the mirror and gave her a thumbs up of approval. She sat down to do her own hair while I put on my dress.

After finishing off with her hair she put on her own dress, while also helping me to zip up my dress, I did the same for her. Nothing better than getting ready with your best friend.

"Wait! You need some jewellery!" I quickly reminded her, at the same time someone knocked on the door.

"what time is it?" Y/N for frantically asked as she made her way to her room to put in the jewellery.

"six thirty." I yelled quietly before opening the door, only to be greeted by none other than our neighbours.

"W-wow Chaeri." Jay stuttered, "u-uh these are for you." He said while handing me a bouquet of carnations.

"Thanks." I replied before taking the flowers.

"Can we please come inside now? You can do all of this somewhere else." Ni-ki cut in entering the house, Jake tried stopping him but of course there was no use.

"Y/N's upstairs." I whispered to Jungwon before allowing him to come inside and shutting the door. He nodded his head as the rest of us stayed downstairs.

Y/N
I found a matching pearl set of earrings and a necklace and quickly put them on. After putting on the last earring and double checking in the mirror I was ready.

"Ah." I yelped slightly when I saw Jungwon leaning  against the doorframe with his hands in his pocket. "How long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"Long enough." He replied walking towards me, he looked ravishing, decked in his all black suit with his hair neatly combed to the side.

"You look beautiful." He said as he took my hand and placed it in his.

"Well you look drop dead gorgeous!" I responded back enthusiastically, he chuckled an oh so heart melting chuckle.

We both went downstairs to meet with everyone else, Jay and Chaeri looked adorable, and Ni-ki and Jake stayed close by side as always.

We got into the car which Jake was driving, he was a pretty decent driver. We blasted some music and talked about useless things. Before leaving the car Jake remind us of the rule.

"Do not be alone with A-yeong." It was the only rule we had to follow since A-yeong was a bit.... unpredictable and dangerous?

"Oh! We forgot to tell them." Ni-ki looked at Jake who then made a face of realisation.

"Oh! Heeseung, Sunoo, and Sunghoon are going to be there!" Jake said excitedly, "they're our brothers." He quickly added on.

Chaeri and I nodded our heads.

We all got put of the car and was faced with a huge Victorian style building, it was surprisingly still kept in good shape and seemed like it had been freshly painted.

Before stepping in we were greeted by A - yeong, it was a lie to not say she didn't look beautiful. She wore a white silk dress with balloon sleeves, she looked elegant yet captivating.

"You made it." She said, specifically looking at Jungwon. "I didn't think you would, but I guess everyone's full of surprises." She smirked.

"So when are we actually going to enter?" Ni-ki questioned unamused.

A-yeong briefly glanced at me and then put on a fake smile. "Yes you may go in." She said, gesturing with her hands. All of us walked in and were blinded by the beautiful golden chandeliers reflecting its glow, dark red curtains were draped on the sides slightly brushing against the ivory coloured marble floor.

"Wow." I muttered in awe. It's not everyday you see something like this! Jungwon took my hand in his as we walked through, there were many people. "Are they all vampires?" I whispered to him while cautiously looking around.

"No." He laughed a little, "there are a few humans here."

I exhaled a sigh of relief.

"Even if they were all vampires, I wouldn't let them touch you." He said as he lightly squeezed my hand. Feeling flustered I looked away.

_________________________________
A/N: the ball is finally here! Also I gave a small Chaeri pov cause why not.
🥒cucumbers contain sm nutrients like potassium, zinc, and sodium! So make sure to eat a lot of it :)