FOR TOMORROW

ROLLING STONE: JUNE 1995

STARRY-EYES - ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ANNETTE MEADOWS: the rising pop star is growing in popularity across the world. Annette, born and raised in Whitby, England, never expected her album 'Starry-Eyes' to gain international success. She calls it 'her little secret' but it has now become a household name.

The revolutionary masterpiece contains ten tracks which each have a different, unique sound. According to Annette, each song represents a moment in her life and moments that could happen in anyone's life. She likes to write songs that feel universal.

[INTERVIEW]

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRED YOU TO START WRITING MUSIC?

I played piano and guitar from a young age. I'm self-taught which many say is a burden when it comes to the music industry but for me, it gives me a sense of freedom. I wrote Keep It Together after my dog died (his name was Doo Doo) which is why the song has a whole lot of 'Doos'. I guess I get my inspiration from real-life experiences.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE THE WHOLE ALBUM?

I started when I was about 22 and I'm 25 now so 3 years ish. I think the first album usually takes the most time especially because writing music is new to me.

NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: BLUR OR OASIS?

Hahaha. That's a controversial and dangerous question that I'm not going to answer. I mean, if you've read the recent SELECT magazine you'll know how [Liam Gallagher] feels about me. I think both bands are talented and both have brilliant songs.

ARE YOU EXCITED TO GO ON TOUR?

Obviously!! It's such a crazy thing to even think about. I've been to so many concerts throughout my life and imagined how it would feel to be on the stage. Now, I'm going to be the one on there singing my fucking heart out. If anyone reading this hasn't got tickets yet, you definitely should!!

_

INTRODUCING....

THE STAR - ANNETTE MEADOWS
"I get why Oasis hates you"

THE STAR - ANNETTE MEADOWS"I get why Oasis hates you"

THE IDIOT - DAMON ALBARN
"In the nicest way possible... this sounds like complete and utter shit"

 this sounds like complete and utter shit"

ANNETTE: "In the nicest way possible... kill yourself"

DAMON: "Very thoughtful"

&&..
MIKE MEADOWS
GRAHAM COXON
ALEX JAMES
DAVE ROWNTREE
LIAM GALLAGHER
NOEL GALLAGHER
... the rest as described

STARTED - 10/2/23
FINISHED - TBC

A/N:
I am having a major Blur phase right now so thought the best way to enjoy it would be by writing a fanfic. Also, just to flex a bit, I'm going to watch Blur in Wembley this July and I'm so fucking exciteddddd!!!!!!
BTW this is not completely  chronological to the Blur times/the 90s in general. I'm sort of just making stuff up so please don't attack me if I mix orders up. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!! First chapter will be up soooon.