1, eleven

His eyes were like a hawk's as he observed her every motion. He watched the girl before him with such intensity, moving to the rhythm, flowing out of the boom box set up in the corner.

They had started dancing to some random hip-hop together at first. And after a couple of minutes and two more songs later, Dasharn felt his body wearing out of stamina and insisted on taking a break. But Aviana, who was too engrossed in getting her moves right, didn't even hear him over the loud music echoing through the garage walls.

So by nature, the boy just let her dance on her own and walked towards the side to sit down against the wall after he calmed down from his exhaustion, his eyes still set on her just in case she faced a fall in the middle of perfecting her leg movements.

Aviana was unfortunate like that.

But Dasharn always knew what antidote she needed to treat her injuries.

He couldn't take the risk of her getting injured just when Bootcamp had started. And also, he wouldn't have a proper excuse or reason to give Aviana's parents if she ends up with any damage. So to avoid any unnecessary drama, Dasharn got up once he felt like Aviana had enough and went to turn off the boom box.

The girl, who was relentlessly moving to the music, stopped in her tracks when the music stopped suddenly, her chest heaving and sweat dripping down the sides of her neck. Dasharn grabbed their water bottles before he walked towards her and pushed one into her hands.

"Don't sit down just yet, 'kay?"

Aviana mindlessly nodded towards him as the older instructed. Side-eyeing her figure in concern, Dasharn brought his water bottle to his lips and let the cold liquid hit his throat.

From Aviana's reply to his text, he could say something wasn't right, so he was frankly looking forward to her arrival at his place.

As expected, Aviana had shown up on his doorstep an hour ago, face sunken and eyes tired. Her usually hard and stern voice had wavered when she said, 'I need to go back in two hours.'

Dasharn didn't do anything more than grab his water bottle and hand towel before stepping out and closing the door behind him at her command.

Aviana had already made her way towards the garage - their potential dance studio - without an invitation. It was not like she needed any invitation to step into that run-down building since she was already a regular presence in the space.

The two hadn't shared any words when they slowly started to warm up and stretch before getting to the actual practice. From the corner of his eyes, Dasharn saw how Aviana didn't even stress over the warm-up routine like she usually does. It was weird to see the girl who always took warming up seriously only distractedly jump and shuffle around. But without voicing his concerns, Dasharn let her do whatever she wanted. After all, Aviana was aware of what she was doing. And Dasharn didn't want to meddle with a routine she was comfortable with.

"Did something happen today?"

This snapped Aviana out of her distracted state of mind. Dasharn's voice was crisp and clear, making Aviana slightly falter at how he sounded ever so serious. It was a rare moment where Dasharn Dias got profound. And more especially, with Aviana.

Aviana has known Dasharn since forever.

The Dias family and the Rae family have been companions for a long time, way before the second generation was even born.

Soniya Fernando had been friends with the pair since her days at Colombo University as a Business Studies student. The two had gotten married to each other during the same time Soniya married Jonathon.