✰ Chapter 4 ✰

Next day...

"I'm sorry we had to disturb you guys." Leo apologised as he, April and Casey walked into the lair, "no no, it's alright. You said it was an emergency after all, and if it's coming from you, it must be." April said, "I agree with red. You only call when it's important." Casey nodded, "thanks I guess.. anyway just make your way into the kitchen and you'll see what I'm on about." Leo gestured for them to go first into the kitchen to which they did. Once they saw the sight of Splinter feeding Raph, Mikey and Donnie they both gasped in shock, Leo walked in after them, "h-how did this happen?!" April gasped, Donnie heard April's voice and looked over to the redhead, almost immediately after seeing her he did grabby hands towards her, wanting to be held, April complied and picked him up, resting him on her hip, "This was Shredder's doing. He somehow reversed their ages and I'm not how to bring them back. I was hoping either one of you could be a help to us." Leo answered, "um.. we can try dude but why aren't you a baby?" Casey asked as he pokes at Raph's head, making the baby try and bite at his fingers in annoyance, "I was thrown off the roof." Leo replied as though it was an everyday thing, which it was.
"What?! Are you okay?" April asked, "I'm fine April. Thanks for the concern." Leo nodded. "Well.. who do we usually go to if we were in a situation like this?" Casey asked, "well we would go to Donnie but as you can see.." Leo trailed off as his hands landed on the baby turtle April was holding, everyone followed his gaze and sighed with worry, "how are we going to get them back to normal?" April asked, "we are not sure. That is what we were hoping you two could help us out with." Splinter finally spoke up after feeding and cleaning Mikey. "Well... Leo, do you even know how they turned like this?" April asked, "no, I was thrown off the roof, then I saw Shredder run away, then I heard my brothers scream and when I finally got back to the roof, they were like this." Leo groaned. April had nothing to say nor did anyone else.

——

April sat in front of Mikey in the main area, she was going to try and get into Mikey's brain to try and figure out how to help and what caused this. The reason they chose Mikey was because his mind was the easiest to access. Casey distracted Raph and Donnie (with Donnie abusing Casey by pulling his hair and bandana.) whilst Leo watched April, wanting.. no, needing answers.
April gently placed her fingers on Mikey's temples and closed her eyes, Mikey raised his tiny hands and held April's fingers with a small and cute giggle, making Leo smile.

After a few seconds, April gasped and took her hands away from the baby tot, "April? What is it? What did you see?" Leo rushed over and picked up Mikey whilst also placing a comforting hand on April's back. "T-they were in some kind of smoke bomb and that's how they were reversed but I-i don't know how-" April held her head in stress, "it's okay April. At least we now know... something. At least we're now getting somewhere." Leo smiled, "you can go home if you want." Leo said, April nodded and stood up, leaving the lair. Leo walked towards where Casey was and smiled at the sight of Casey ticking Donnie whilst Raph was kicking his back, "haha, thanks for watching over them Casey." Leo thanked and placed Mikey down, the two older brothers noticed their little brother's presence and rushed to him and began to cuddle each other. "It's no problem dude. Where's red? Was everything okay?" Casey asked, "well April found out it was some kind of smoke bomb that turned them into this, and also she's gone home." Leo answered, "oh.. alright then, thanks." Casey nodded and stood up, "Is it alright if I leave?" Casey asked, Leo, nodded "yup, thanks for your help, Casey." Leo thanked him, "no problem! If you need me to babysit again just call." Casey then walked out.

" Casey then walked out