A day in a game

It was just another day in the Kingdom of a player. A lucky day, as the player soon found out.
Because when they had just enough crystals to do a ten pull, it granted them a great result.
To their Kingdom arrived Sherbet Cookie, the newest and last addition to their collection.
The player, having heard the news through YouTube about Sherbet being absolutely overpowered with bosses, decided to test him out on one of them.
The stage 10-31 on dark mode seemed like a good subject for that test.
They prepared their team and treasures, consisting of the usual jelly watch for cooldown, scroll for attack and and scythe for critical damage bonuses. And of course, Sherbet Cookie.
Without hesitation, they pressed the button with "BATTLE!" written on it, starting the stage.
The first wave was dealt with swiftly, which seemed to prelude a fast victory.
Now, it was time for the boss battle.
------------------------------------------------

DE's POV

As Dark Enchantress noticed who was approaching her, she let out a quiet gasp.

- Wha-

Before her was Sherbet Cookie. And it was just him. No other cookies, just him. Was he really that powerful to do it all alone?
This was the first time she's seen him in-game.
There was only one way she could find out... Only one way she could act.
Just like always, she put on a straight face.
No one ever could see her in fear, even if she knew that this battle had a great chance of ending with her "defeat". The players always seem to know what they're doing...
The power she held in that particular stage surely wasn't enough to win, based on her previous experiences. If the player didn't know they'd end up with a victory, they probably wouldn't do it.
She felt a bit more confident when she found herself in the hand of the Cake Witch. Even if it was made of flames, it still created a sense of security somehow... But that sense was faint, ready to burst into nothingness any second.

- I have to do this. - she whispered.

The fight between them had begun. As soon as the cooldown of Sherbet's skill was reset, ice shards appeared behind the frost spirit and rushed towards the giant creature.
Dark Enchantress could tell it was getting visibly much weaker with every single hit.
What kind of skill was that?
She knew this match would be harsh, but she didn't think he'd be THAT powerful...
Her attacks seemed to do nothing.
"At least it will be quick.", she thought to herself.
One minute and it all would be over.
She felt every ounce of the damage the shards were doing every time they flew and hit the Cake Witch. It was like a part of her somehow.
After that special ability of Sherbet's was used two more times, she was feeling extremely exhausted... The rapid drain of energy the shards were causing was something she never encountered before... Some of them even hit her directly.
The ice fragments felt like thorns, and although it was only fifteen of them at a time, to her it was thousands.
It was so close.
So close to her "defeat".
But she tried to remain calm.
Just a bit more...
Dark Enchantress already gave up. She just stood, watching the Cake Witch trying to defend itself along with its creator, knowing it would be to no avail.
The last blow was delivered... And she was left on the floor, psychically drained.
Of course, soon she'll be forced to fight again... She knew it too well.
The people who did this surely planned everything perfectly.
All those fights were just an endless punishment for what she did.
A cycle of never-ending suffering.
It was all her fault.
She thought it was only her who could make a better world.
But it isn't.
Many years passed, and what did she achieve?
Where was peace, her forces brought war...
Where was love, it was torn apart.
Kingdoms were left in ruins that took a long time to rebuild.
Innocent Cookies lost their homes.
And then she didn't even care, so blinded by fullfiling her own goals...
She deserved this.
For the first time, she was able to tell herself the truth.
One's actions always find a way to come back to them.
This was just the way her deeds decided to choose.