Chapter 4

Keigo stayed to help the Todoroki brothers. Shoto slept most of the day, waking up to eat small bites of food and sipping on water. He had never been this sick before, his fever was raging and his stomach was finicky, any little thing would upset it so he stuck to very small bites of food and little to no movement. 

"I hate seeing him like this." Touya retorted. 

"I get it- it's not fun watching someone you love feel this bad." Keigo sympathized. 

The two were sitting on the couch where the younger Todoroki laid sleeping. The sleep was misleading, Shoto looked so peaceful but they knew better. Shoto's phone started ringing and the face of a black haired girl popped up on the caller ID- the contact read "Creati". 

"Who the hell is that?" Touya questioned. Keigo looked at the phone. 

"Oh, that's Momo Yaoyourozu. One of his classmates from UA." 

"Why's she calling him? Are they close?" Touya wondered. The ringing stirred Shoto from his sleep and he slowly sat up and reached for the phone. 

"Hey," a groggy voiced Shoto answered. The two older boys couldn't hear the girl on the other end. Shoto slowly untucked himself from the covers and got up to take the phone call elsewhere. 

Keigo and Touya couldn't help being nosey- they quietly followed him to the hallway to eavesdrop.  

"Yeah- I feel horrible but it's just because the quirk hits fire quirks harder. I'll be fine." Shoto spoke, "you can come by if you want, I won't get you sick. You have to be hit by the quirk to get it." 

"okay, sounds good. I love you too." Shoto hung up the phone. 

"Did he say love???" Touya whispered to Keigo. 

"That's what I heard." Keigo responded back. 

"Was that his girlfriend? I didn't know he had a girlfriend," Touya said surprised. 

Shoto turned the corner and leaned on the doorway- looking down at the two boys spying on his phone call. 

"Yes- that was my girlfriend. You could've just asked me after the call, no need to spy." Shoto said, which startled the two who were too busy trying to solve the mystery. 

"Jeez- don't scare me like that." Touya retorted. 

"Don't spy on my phone calls- you weirdo." Shoto rolled his eyes, "Momo is coming by." 

"OH we get to meet her??" Touya said happily. 

"Yes- I'm going to go lay down. If the door rings, its her." Shoto said heading back to his spot on the couch, "by the way- you two don't need to hide your relationship either." 

Touya and Keigo blushed- "wai- what? How'd you know?" Touya stuttered. Keigo put his hands to his face to hide.

"Dad caught Keigo with you after patrol one day." Shoto responded back on the couch now.

Touya glared at Keigo, Keigo shrugged. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Touya had put another movie on to pass time. At this point Keigo was passed out on the couch. Shoto was still awake but shaking. 

"You okay Sho?" Touya asked. 

"I'm freezing." Shoto responded. The boy had pretty much every blanket the family owned on him at this point. 

"I'd give you more blankets but I don't think that would help." Touya said sympathetically. 

"Yeah, probably not." Shoto sighed. 

The doorbell rang a few minutes later. Touya got up to answer, "I'm assuming it's Momo?" Touya asked as he walked to the door. Shoto just nodded. 

Touya opened the front door,

"Hi! You must be Touya, it's nice to meet you." Momo said happily. 

"Hey-yeah, you too. Shotos on the couch." Touya showed her in. 

Momo walked over to the couch and ran her fingers through Shoto's hair. 

"Hi baby- how are you feeling?" Momo asked sadly, she could feel how hot he was but also saw him visibly shaking. 

"-been better." Shoto said back groggy. 

"I brought Soba, and tea." Momo said as she walked around to sit next to him on the couch. 

"I love you." Shoto rested his head on her shoulder. Momo handed Shoto the tea and he took a few sips. 

Touya came into the room again and walked up to a sleeping Keigo. He carefully took his prosthetic wings off so the hero could sleep more comfortably, earning a soft sigh of relief from the sleeping blonde. 

The two younger heroes looked at his prosthetic wings sad, remembering the horrors they had been through not too long ago. 

"Touya-..." Shoto began, Touya raised an eyebrow "hmm?" 

"...it's not your fault." He said with intentionality coating his voice. Touya sighed and put a hand to his mouth. Remembering how he incinerated Hawk's wings to the point of that much damage made him sick. He has no idea how Keigo wanted to stay with him after that. 

"...you weren't yourself." Shoto reassured. 

"I know." Touya responded coldly. 

Shoto dropped the subject, feeling he had said enough. Touya ran comforting fingers through Keigo's hair as he slept.