Chapter 5 Alexander

"I don't understand, Alex, aren't you happy with me?" Bristol sobbed, tears falling down her face. I sighed loudly,

"Of course I am, Bristol. You knew this would happen eventually." She was clinging to me and I was trying to gently remove her from my body. She refused to release her ironclad grip on my arm.

"Yes, but you don't need to dismiss me. Lots of Alphas take mistresses." Bristol argued.

"I don't want that for me or for you. You should want more for yourself." I tried to sound empathetic, "Besides, that's not the way of the royal family." I added, without giving away any further details on the Royal family's many secrets.

"It's always been us, Alex." Bristol grazed her hand across my face.

"It was never forever." I said again.

"We have plenty of time until the Ball, though." She changed tactics, her hand dipping dangerously below the belt.

"It's probably best we end things now, Bristol." I tried to sternly remove her, but she wasn't having it. She began to kiss a line down my neck and tugged at the hem of my shirt.

"Best for who?" She asked in a breathless voice. Goosebumps ran down my spine as her breath blew across my skin.

I was a weak, weak man as I let Bristol undress me and shove me down on the bed. She released her perky breasts from her bra and tossed her pink lace thong on the ground, climbing on top of me. I threw my head back and groaned as she grinds her body on top of mine, pushing us both over the edge.

"I heard you breaking up with Bristol all night long last night." Ian smirked at me as we met in the kitchen for breakfast.

"Like you had any more success than I did." I grumbled.

"Oh, I think we both had plenty of success, my brother." Ian slapped me on the back with a laugh.

"Your mate is going to hate you both." Dylan grumbled under his breath.

"Listen, not all of us can end up mated to their high school sweetheart, Dylan." I snapped, shoving him away.

"Still doesn't mean you have to be a manwhore." Dylan argued.

"Alex, control your Gamma before I kill him." Ian growled and I shook my head. It was way too early for their bullshit.

Walking away from the pair, I pulled a K cup from the drawer and shoved it into the Keurig, angrily brewing a cup of strong coffee.

"Two weeks, you two have two weeks left of bachelor-hood. How do you plan on using it?" Carter walked up to us like a talk show host, pretending like he was holding a microphone to Ian's face. Ian swung at him and Carter narrowly avoided his fist.

"Seriously though, we should party." Hudson piped in.

"You know, since we have to go to the Ball, so do you idiots." I pointed out. The look of dread on Hudson's face was downright comical.

"Fuck." Carter complained.

"I, for one, am glad that your parents are finally forcing you both to go. I've been wanting to attend since high school." Owen admits.

"Why haven't you?" Ian looked at him in surprise.

"I couldn't be your guard and attend the Ball at the same time." Owen shrugged.

"Dude, I think your Beta is in love with you." I mocked Owen who glared at me.

"I will be attending purely as your guard, of course." Dylan said.