PROLOGUE

It all started from Kim Mingyu and Yoon Jeonghan's break up.

It was quite a shocking news for Mingyu's friends.

Why, you ask?

You see... Back then in high school, when the freshman Mingyu got accepted as a member of the school's basketball team and Jeonghan introduced himself as the team manager, he already had a big crush on his 2 years older sunbae at the first sight.

Mingyu practiced hard as he is determined to become the best player of the team and when he did, he succeeded on catching Jeonghan's full attention as well. Mingyu did some flirting there and there, and he was happy the older didn't show any sign of rejection. So when time has passed and Jeonghan resigned as team manager because he's going to graduate soon, Mingyu didn't waste any time to confess his feeling for Jeonghan. Mingyu almost died from happiness when Jeonghan accepted him and they started dating.

Mingyu loved Jeonghan so much. So when he graduated on 2 years later, Mingyu also planned to the same college as Jeonghan's so he can spend more time together with the older man.

Mingyu went to Jeonghan's place to tell about his plan and he didn't expected to meet another man there, along with the shocking truth behind it. Apparently Jeonghan's classmate named Choi Seungcheol has taken an interest in the prettier man and started courting him, and stupidly, Jeonghan fell hard for it and ended up allowing Seungcheol to replace Mingyu inside his heart.

"So he asked for a break up. Said he loves him more and he's much more comfortable with someone at the same age as him." Mingyu weakly explained to his friends – Wonwoo, Joshua, Dokyeom and Hoshi–, who had gathered together inside a café when they heard about the breakup.

The broken-hearted man let out another deep sigh, before he sipped on his Iced Americano to freshen up his dry throat after he finished giving a full explanation about his break up with Jeonghan.

It was their first time to see their friend looked so down like this, even his voice sounds so depressed and full of grief, and it made them feel upset too.

"We're so sorry to hear about your breakup. He doesn't deserve you." Dokyeom softly said, patting Mingyu on the shoulder as his way to console him.

"We wish there was more we could to help. All I can think to say is you will get over it and through this." Hoshi also joined to send Mingyu some comforting words, and he also took out his wallet from his pocket, planning to buy cake for Mingyu in hope to cheer him up.

"Can I even get over this? You guys know how much I love him, right?" Mingyu let out a loud sigh and groaned when his head started aching again. Lately he had spent a sleepless night because the memory of the breakup kept invading his mind.. He closed his eyes and leaned his head on someone's shoulder who was sitting next to him, which is Wonwoo.

"You can do it, Mingyu. You deserve someone better, you will find someone who truly loves you and will stay with you together." Wonwoo took Mingyu's hand, massaging the back of it gently with his thumb.

"There are millions of people who will love to be with someone as amazing as you are. Stop being sad and believe us!" Joshua said to Mingyu, earning an agreement nods from the other three.

"Thanks everyone..." Mingyu mumbled weakly, and finally smiled in gratitude at his friends. "I really hope I can find that someone soon."

Unknown to Mingyu, there's someone among his four friends, who empathizing with him the most because this someone actually has feeling for him, and how he wished to tell Mingyu that someone is already there next to him.