Chapter 2: Ep. 1 - Starting the Paid Service, I

"I'm Dokja."

I usually introduced myself to people like this, then the following misunderstanding would occur.

"Oh, are you an only
child?"

"I am, but that isn't what I mean."

"Huh? Then?"

"My name is Dokja. Kim Dokja."

My father gave me that name so that I'd become a strong man even if I was on my own. However, thanks to this name that my father gave me, I was simply living as a single man, unremarkable in my loneliness.

In short, my life was like this: Kim Dokja, 28 years old, single.

My hobby was reading web novels on the subway while going to and from work

"At this rate, you'll get sucked into your smartphone."

In a noisy subway, I raised my head reflexively. A pair of curious eyes
were staring straight at me. They belonged to an employee from the human resources team, Yoo Sangah.

"Ah, hello." I greeted her.

"Are you going home from work?"

"Yes. What about Yoo Sangah-ssi²?"

"I was lucky. The manager went on a business trip today." Yoo Sangah sat down soon as the seat next to me became vacant. A subtle scent came from her shoulders, making me nervous.

"Do you normally take the subway?"

"That…" Yoo Sangah made a dark expression. Come to think of it, this was the first time I'd met Yoo Sangah on a subway train. Starting with Personnel Manager Kang to Finance Manager Han… There were rumors that Yoo Sangah had men from the company driving her home every workday. Yet unexpected words came from Yoo Sangah's mouth, "Someone stole my bicycle." Bicycle.

"You commute by bike?"

"Yes! It's because I felt like I've been getting less and less exercise since I've been working overtime a lot lately. And because there was also a bit of an annoying matter… Things like that were why." Aha, so that's how it was.

" Aha, so that's how it was