Chapter 3 - Ego

Chapter 3 - Ego

Have you ever feel alone? Like even when you surround yourself with people – whether they care or not about you - you can't help but feel lonely? That's what I felt ever since he left me with a promise to come back. He never did.

 Yet now he had the nerve to show his face to me, and what a face it was. Smooth, fair skin with chiselled features, short dark brown hair that's styled messily and of course, that very green eyes. One that keeps haunting me all these years, the only one that haven't changed. Those lips that used to smile innocently at me were now upturned into a mocking smirk and his short gangly form were now filled with muscle, broad shoulders and tall stature that could easily stood above my average height.

 "Now, is that really a way to greet an old friend?" he teased.

 His voice had changed too, I noted. Of course, that's at least expected. It's now a deep baritone as opposed to his soft, gentle voice from the past. The way he's talking had changed as well – it's now more confident and filled with authority, esspecially in his own bussiness suit rivaling my own father. Of course, since he's a bussinessman as well. Though we've never met since he left, I saw him plenty on television and the internet once we're older.

 Each time was a constant reminder how much of a fool I was.

 That thought prompted me to answer curtly, "What friend?" He raised a sigle eyebrow at me. Of course he'd know how to do that cool one-brow thing, I thought sarcasticly. Instead I said hautily, "Old? Certainly. But friend? I don't remember us being one, Chase Ashford."

 "Then I'll certainly enjoy reminding you, Destiny Vanderbilt."

 I glared. He just looked amused.

 I would've said something more – something so insulting and degrading – that would remove that smile from his perfect face and put him in his place. I recconed a frown would make that face ugly. It annoyed me to no end seeing him look so beautiful.

            But my father inserted himself in the conversation and ending it. For now.

 "Destiny, have a seat," gesturing to one of the chair in front of his desk and unfortunately, next to Chase who sat comfortably in his, not looking like he's about to get up anytime soon. Why is he here?

 I said that words out loud and continued, "I thought you want to talk."

 "I am, he's part of it," gesturing to Chase. "Sit."

 "I'm fine with just standing."

 "Sit," he ordered, not taking 'no' for an answer. This time, while waving a piece of paper at me that I know to be Zeus's license. No matter how long I glared or frowned, I know he won't budge. Dragging my feet and stomping my way to the chair, I sit next to Chase with my arms crossed in defiance. He looked smug. I just want to punch him in the face but I'm sure it would do more damage to my hand than his face. I don't even know how to correctly punch someone.