Return

Rookie Nine: 15-16 years

Naruto: 17 years

Team Gai: 17 years
---------------
Location: Konohagakure no Sato, Time: 9:30am
----------------

It was a day like any other in the Village Hidden in the Leaves, and just like any other day; guard-duty topped the list as one of the most boring assignments one had to perform. It was easy work, and the pay was acceptable, but ever since a certain troublemaker died a decade ago, the village hadn't been very exciting, to say the least.

Unfortunately, the villagers, and a surprisingly large amount of the shinobi forces partied for two days straight, but it switched the joy to sorrow when the Uchiha Massacre occured, with only one member of the clan managing to survive that night. Many, to the present day, blamed the event on the Kyuubi, stating ridiculous things such as it being revenge for destroying its weakened body.

As if.

'Damn, kid. At least you knew how to make things more interesting. I'm so bored, I wouldn't even mind chasing that damn cat.' One of the chunin gate guards thought as he lined up a shot with a paper football that was folded into a perfect triangle.

"Miss it, miss it, miss..." The other chunin guard on duty, kept lowly chanting in order to throw off his comrades concentration while he pressed his thumbs together, and pointed his index fingers upwards to form a goal post; which was meant for the paper triangle to flip through; if successful.

"Would you shut it, Izumo! Just remember our little bargain when I make this shot." the other guard named Kotetsu barked as he continued to line up his shot. The two had known each other since they were genin, and Izumo knew his chanting was one of the things he hated back then, and now.

"Yeah, yeah. As if you'll make it. Just make sure you remember Kotetsu that if you miss, you have to take Kakashi's Icha-Icha and burn it." Izumo said with a small smirk, remembering the last person who attempted to do that, and shuddered at remembering what happened to the poor fellow.

The idiot got a kunai to the nuts for his troubles.

Just as Kotetsu was about to take his shot, he noticed four figures down the road walking towards the gates and started to smile. "Well! Looks like we'll have to wait for that now, won't we?" He said as he pointed in the direction so his friend was aware of the newcomers.

There were two tall figures, both of them male, if their stature was anything to go by. One looked about six feet tall, give or take a few inches, and had an athletic build that was noticeable through the cloak he wore. The other was a little shorter, five foot-eleven at least.

The final two of the group, both looked to be female. They were both about the same height of five feet-nine inches, which was tall for females. Their matching cloaks kept their clothes concealed, and their hoods hung low over their faces, hiding their actual appearances. As the group of four arrived in front of the great wood gates, Izumo took the initiative to speak up.

"Halt! State your names and business within Konoha." He said authoritatively.

In response, without hesitation, the taller of the cloaked male's reached, and tossed him a scroll, but continued to walk forward into the village with the other three in tow as they passed the threshold of the open gates.