Chapter 46 - Round 1 - Inazuma Japan vs Big Waves!

"Right then, let me announce the starting lineup." Coach Kudou said, "we'll play a 3-4-3. Goalkeeper and captain: Endou. Defence: Kogure, Kabeyama, Tsunami. Midfield: Midorikawa, Kidou, James, Kazemaru. Forwards: Hiroto, Gouenji, Fubuki."

"He just doesn't get it." Fudou scoffed.

"And you were mad at me for complaining." James mumbled.

Nevertheless, both teams got onto the pitch for what would be a huge test for Japan and their chances of finishing in the top 2 of the group.

Japan had kickoff and Gouenji passed the ball back to Kidou who was dribbling forward with the ball and went into the opposition half but was suddenly surrounded by four Australians who cornered him inside a square formation.

One by one they tried to tackle him while keeping in formation but Kidou was holding up well. They all rushed him at once and were able to take the ball, "Box Lock Defence!"

The ball went loose and James ran after it and thanks to his unmatched speed was due to get there before the Australians but James didn't realise that Kazemaru was also running after the ball. They both crashed into each other and the ball continued to roll.

"Damn it! If only we had practised together!" Kidou said as he raced back towards goal.

The ball went to their striker, Jaws, and he was on the ocean, as he kicked the ball a shark followed it as its energy changed from blue to orange, "Megalodon". Endou used "Seigi no Tekken G2" but the shot was too strong, giving Australia an early 1-0 lead.

"They got a goal from us so easily." Kogure said.

"It's just like Coach Kudou said." Kabeyama agreed, "are we even a match for them?"

"Looks like I'll be subbed on sooner than I thought." Fudou smirked.

"This is great!" Endou said, "I'm so fired up to fight these awesome players! Guys, the real match starts here! Let's focus on getting a point back here!"

"Yeah!" Kabeyama nodded.

Gouenji took kickoff and he passed the ball to Kidou who returned the pass instantaneously but Gouenji was also surrounded by four players and all his passing options were blocked. He jumped into the air but his movement was read and the ball was taken from him by Dolphin, "Box Lock Defence".

"Kabeyama, Kogure, mark Jaws!" James ordered.

Seeing that there was no route to Jaws, Dolphin passed to Hamilton but as they took the shot, James blocked it and got the loose ball. He passed the ball to Fubuki who also had the ball taken off him by "Box Lock Defence".

Dolphin was charging up the pitch and James used "Shin Flash Steal" but it didn't work, Looks like it doesn't work on the world stage, but I should have already known that....

"He's still using that outdated move?" Fudou laughed.

Dolphin jumped over a Midorikawa sliding tackle and took a shot from outside the box but Endou was able to punch it away. Tsunami kicked the ball to Hiroto but he was quickly surrounded and the ball was taken from him with "Box Lock Defence", leading to another shot which Endou parried over the bar.

"They're completely overriding us." James huffed, "if only we can break the Box Lock."

"Do you not understand?" Kudou asked, "the key to breaking the tactic is in yourselves!"

"In ourselves......" James repeated.

"I got it!" Kidou said.

"What is it?"