Chapter 5

Chapter 5: A Land Without Magic
(1.14-1.22)

In the Enchanted Forest, the wind stirred, leaves raising from the forest floor as a green portal opened, a teenage girl dropping out of it

In the Enchanted Forest, the wind stirred, leaves raising from the forest floor as a green portal opened, a teenage girl dropping out of it. The girl, with raven hair and threadbare clothing, dropped to the ground, but immediately sat up, feeling her hands around her surroundings and looking up.

"No," The raven-haired girl kneeled back on the ground, desperately clawing at the dirt. She then stood, walking around the clearing she landed in. "No, no! Peter! Peter!"

When met with no response, the girl dropped to her knees, kneeling on the ground, screaming. In a circle surrounding her, large waves of water raised from beneath the dirt and knocked over the trees before sinking back into the Earth. The raven-haired girl stood up, walking through the wet mud until sunset. She found a dock, where she could spot ships in the distance. She glanced at the stars and took a deep breath.

"I believe," she said, waiting a moment. When nothing happened, no wind, no nothing, she grew frustrated. "I believe! Where the fuck are you?!"

She continued yelling at the sky, but nothing happened. A shadow sensed her, but chose not to come.

...

Doctors were pacing all over the hospital, desperately wheeling the adolescent through the corridors. Every person practically tripped over themselves, rushing to get an oxygen mask and hook the patient up to it. A blonde woman ran after them, a bag of pastry in her hand.

Hayden Yume continued to sleep quietly. Her IV was routinely checked and changed just two hours ago by the specific nurse the mayor requested. The girl stirred slightly, chest rising and falling heavily. Beside her, Henry was rushed in, a horde of doctors following after him.

Amidst the commotion, one doctor wheeled Hayden to another room, leaving space for Henry to be taken care of. He was tall and had scrubs on, but his dark hair was slightly disheveled and there was a mad look in his eye. He removed Hayden's IV, and wheeled her into a separate room before leaving to get a coffee. He'd visit the psych ward next.

...

"I want to rule this kingdom with you," The brown-haired boy told the girl in between kisses.

"Neverland is not a kingdom to rule, Peter." The girl smiled, her breaths getting heavy as the boy started to kiss down her neck. She grabbed the sides of his face, bringing his gaze to meet hers. "You're not going to convince me by doing that."

"So you're complaining?" Peter smiled down at her, grabbing her hands with his and moving them off his face. He backed up slowly, leaving their hands intertwined. The girl laughed, pulling him back towards her.

"I'm not complaining," she told him, kissing him again. He let go of her hands, moving both of them to cup the sides of her face. The two backed up, the girl falling down onto a bed in the room they were in. She smiled, but tapped Peter's chest twice, and he stopped, looking down at her.