Prologue... 🥀

Book cover by @WhimsyWabbit

🪨Jack's POV🪨

Where was I..?

My head spiraled. It throbbed like fleeting magic.

My heart thundered.

I cracked open an eye. Everything was a blur. CRUNCH!! Cold ate away at my fingers as I crunched them into the snow. I pulled myself up. Vicious wind roared past me, blowing through my messy hair.

My cheeks jiggled like bouncy balls as I looked at my hands. They went in and out of a giant smear. I waited for what seemed like hours. I looked out. The snow burnt my eyes like a thousand suns. I tossed a foot forward and began to thunder.

I stumbled around, trying to catch my balance. I'm big Jack Horner. Who do they think they're messing with? I swore then and there I'd show that damned cat what was for.

But first it was time to figure out if my magic had gotten the best of me.

🐚 Sid's POV 🐚

I plucked another bright yellow flower off of its stem. I'd been wandering the arctic for days now. I dropped it in my basket, my eyes following it as it drifted to the bottom as gracefully as a feather. I sighed deeply.

I pondered about how and why they left me like that. Next thing I knew, I was told I was no longer allowed to visit the meteor. Manny tried to defend me as best as he could as Diego and the others went on about how 'worthless' and 'rancid' I was.

A tear dribbled down my cheek. It glistened like a crystal as it wet my fur. I left the wilting bush and headed on my way. I clutched the basket under my arm. Maybe the weasel would accept me back. I wonder what I did wrong...

Until something interrupted my vision.

A big, purple lump.