FLIGHT 287: A Tragedy

Author's note: This story has been edited, proofread, copyedited and updated according to improve it's writing and berevity. All chapters will be edit and improved. Updated April 2023. 

On April 3rd, 2004 at 05:30AM, passengers begin checking in for their flight LAT Air flight 287 to Homasza. It is a 3 hour 15 minute flight from Chernyzamok. By 7:40 AM, 141 passengers have checked in. 

Flight attendant Elisha Zarina is on high spirits today.  She had been promoted to senior flight attendant two weeks ago and is keen to show her worth, and why she is deserving of this position. 

There were a crew of eight on today's flight. They are Captain Michael Virozia, First officer Doug DeHanvaag and flight attendants Elisha Zarina, Rena Hemazha, June Torreto, Mia O'Connor and  Jeffery Cunningham and Catherine Summers.

Among the passengers is 29 year old Jordana Hunston and her 5 year old son Cody. They were flying to Homasza to catch up with their father Brian. Husband to Jordana and a father to Cody. They were on a city break to immerse in the mountains, and get a nature therapy. 

"I'm gonna see dad. Yeah!" Cody screamed excitedly. Jordana smiled at him. "I'm gonna call dad" Jordana said. 

" Hey, hun! we're at the airport now, we've just checked in and going to the departure concourse, will you pick me up there?"

"Sure hun! When's your flight departing?"

"9:25"

"Okay. Say to Cody i love him! I'll be waiting there, see you in a few hours! Kiss Kiss! Bye. Have a safe flight!"

"Daddy loves you, Cody," 

"Thanks honey, see u there!"

Jordana finished the call and slipped the phone into her pocket. Carrying a handbag, a cabin baggage containing all of her stuff and Cody's stuff and holding Cody's hand who was carrying a small backpack, they head to the point of no return: Departure concourse, where only ticket holders can go.

17 year old Meadow is on a spring break with her 19 year old cousin Rebecca. They were on a backpacking trip to visit the beauty of Homaza: Hiking Mt. Churo, camping by Lake Camzota, cultural and culinary visits, and family visits! 

At the flight information display screen, the information shows the gate for flight 278: Gate B9 and on time. All right. It's only a short walk away, probably taking 5 minutes only, if not an hour because there are lots of shops that are difficult to resist!

MARL'S POV

"Those are nice chocolates there. Nice to spoil myself"  I thought . Damn those chocolates are really good. Ferrero Rocher, Godiva, Choclat Moderne? Who could seriously resist this? Unless you have no money. 

I purchased several of them. along with two bottles of red wine. 

"Thank you for your purchase and have a safe flight ma'm," the cashier thanked me as i made the payment with my credit card of $250. 

"Thanks, hope you have a great, great day.,"  I replied back. 

I walked towards the FIDS, in which i checked whether the gate on my boarding pass and the ones in the FIDS are similar. Yup. B9.

NARRATOR'S POV

Marla is a 28, flying to Homasza to visit her boyfriend. Today was his birthday, and she bought chocolates and wines to celebrate this annual event. They were enganged three months ago when Mason bend down on his knees and asked for her hand. After passionate. intense, steamy marathon of love making sessions in the bathroom, sauna, sofa, kitchen,  she is now carrying their child of eight weeks. 

"Your attention please. Passengers for flight LAT Airlines LT287 to Homasza, please proceed to boarding lounge gate B9. Thank you" the PA broadcasted. 

"Michelle, c'mon. Don't keep us waiting.! Or We'll left you here" Amy warned to her little sister who was 9 years old. Amy, 16 was travelling with her mother, Brittany, 44.  They were going to visit their father, Malcolm. 

AMY'S POV

Oh that clown. She's always wondering off, almost getting lost. On time, we were in the mall and i had asked her to sit down while i was in a shoeshop. When i get back, she was gone. And guess what? She went to the toilet alone! She could have easily been kidnapped, or worse.

"Michelle, i don't want you to behave like this ever again! I don't want you to be off my hand all the time! This airport is very big! It'll be difficult to find you if you are lost. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Please, I don't want you to stray away!"

Michelle nods and mouthed "Okay". I clutched her hand tightly and we walked to our Gate, B9. I guess that scolding really did the work.

" I'm sorry" She blurted and there was a hint of remorse in her voice.

NARRATOR'S POV

The time now is 8:30 AM. The weather outside was spectecular. Clear skies and you could see miles and miles if you see it from the control tower. Perfect weather to fly. 

Gate B9 was already open and there were already lots of passengers seated in the seats. Most of them are office workers wearing in hot corporate attire. There were several children visible.

Marla took a seat that was near to the aerobridge. So that she could get to the plane first. She got tickets for business class and is seated on 2C. She paid $1500 for a round trip. On the return flight she would be flying together. 

She send an SMS to Mason. 

"Hey babe! I'm now at the airport, waiting to board my flight. And BTW, have a belated 26th birthday! I hope you will stay beautiful and fresh like this for as long as you live. You will always be my love, forever. See you!  XX" 

.............................

As passengers waited to board, the crew were getting ready for the flight. Flight attendants were busy stocking meals and drinks in the galley, checking that all equipments are in working order and checking that each seats are working well and has everything stocked. From air sickness bags to the tray tables. Elisha commanded all the actions while she checked the toilets and the business class cabin.

"Allright. Everything's done. Passengers are coming. June, prepare the welcome drink for the business class passengers," she commanded.

"All right, Will do!" Janet replied.