Big Apple Baby-Chapter 4

Hey baby- chapter 4

*** 3 months later ***

I cradled my baby boy in my arms, Skylar Dean Thomas smiles at me as I sing him to sleep before Tanya comes. 

     After I got released from the hospital I asked Tanya to be Skylar's nanny. Also I had got fired from my AMAZING job at Wal-Mart (note sarcasm) and got a job at The Coffee House, which is a small coffee shop a block down from my house. My shift had recently been lengthened to full time because my co-worker fell down the stairs and is incapable to work. This kind of sucks seeing as today was my 17th birthday, yet no one knew that cause

     1. I'm not really a social butterfly here and I am now scared of putting my trust in people.

     2. I have a fake I.D that claims im 21 and that my name is Maria Riley Thoms.  

The only person who knows my real age is Tanya, and thankfully, she doesn't judge me for getting pregnant so young and she promised not to tell anyone how old I actually am.

Hush little baby don't say a word, 

Momma's going to buy you a mockingbird, 

And if that mockingbird don't sing  

Momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring-

    "Hello?" A strong spanish accent drifts through the house,

    "Hello Tanya." I say quietly, trying not to wake the sleeping baby in my arms,  

     "How baby doing?" Tanya ask's in her strong accent and I smile,

      " He's doing great, getting bigger and bigger everyday... He's gonna look so much like his father..." I say quietly and tears come to my eyes.  

"Do not cry. You strong Woman. You need no man." Tanya says fiercely while looking into my eyes and I smile at her. She's right I don't need no man.

     "You're right Tanya. I don't need anyone else." I say and smile at her,  

       "No you don't. But you do need job and you gonna be late if wait any longer." she says and I look at my watch,

     "Sh!t." I scream and Tanya looks dissaprovingly at me.

     "Language Maria. You no want Baby speaking like that, no?" She scolds me and I mutter an apology before grabbing my jacket, shoving a bagel in my mouth and running out the door, calling goodbyes over my shoulder. I run down the street with half a bagel in my mouth and people are giving me funny looks. Some kids that look my real age are snickering at me and I flip a finger at them. 

I arrive two minutes late and I am panting and out of breath.

    "You're late." Kailyn (My boss stares down at me dissaprovingly,

     "I'm so sorry Kay, it's just that-" I start but she cuts me off,

      "No excuses. get to work." 

      "Okay." I whispered and got my uniform out of the back and changed into it, it's a a short black dress with white trimming and white stockings and black ballet flats. I went out to take orders. I walked up to the table with a man sitting alone reading the papers. Then a flash of recognition hits me but I don't know him, do I?

    "Excuse me sir? How may I help you today?" I asked politely and I gasp as the all to familiar golden eyes looked into mine. The doctor. Please don't recognize me. Please don't! I plead in my head. 

The man smiles at me, and I must admit he is actractive.  

"Have I met you before?" He asks, smirking and I freeze. If he knows me than he knows my real age and that could get me fired. WHY CAN'T LIFE BE SIMPLE?

 "No." I state too quickly and he looks at me still smirking.

"You must be her..." He mutters staring of into space, and panic bubbles through me but I keep up my charade,

    "Who?" I say cluelessly and he looks straight into my eyes. God his golden eyes are attractive.

    "The girl of my dreams." He says with a smirk and I let out a sigh of relief and glare at him.  

"May I take your order, sir?" I say and he chuckles,

     "Medium coffee with lots of sugar... Although you would be sweet enough..." He says then winks, and I walk away to get his order without another word.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well here is chapter 4, I hope you like it and I would like to say thank you to everyone who voted and commented on the last chapter it's nice to know someone else is reading my book and enjoying it! Thank you so much!

So comment! Vote! What do you think of the golden eyed man? picture on the side :)