Chapter 26

A/N

Hello, readers.

I apologize for not updating more frequently; the last few weeks have been hectic for me. But don't worry, I'll keep updating this story.

However, it will take me longer to write because I have recently been accepted for a job. I get home exhausted, and all I want is for you to be patient, which you are, and for that I am grateful.

Fridays are my days off, so I'll be writing a new chapter and hopefully updating that day or the next, depending on the day.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to end this story, and that it will continue.

Thank you.

********************************************

Type 1

I awoke early this morning, much earlier than usual. Way too soon. I was sitting on Dylan's bed, staring out the window across from me, at five a.m. I haven't gotten any sleep. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not used to sleeping in someone else's bed or because I'm worried my parents have discovered my absence.

Thoughts keep racing through my mind, such as what their reaction would be if they discovered I wasn't in my bedroom.

What are they going to do, call me? Would they be furious? Or relieved that I'm gone.

When I hear Dylan mumble in his sleep, I turn around and stare at him as he lies on the couch. He mumbles something in his sleep and rolls over, sticking his leg out from under the covers.

I've already checked my blood sugar and completed my daily routine. But, to be honest, I don't know what else to do but sit here. I sighed deeply and slowly retreated to my bed, pulling the covers over my body and gazing up at the ceiling. I slowly turn my head to the side, my gaze drawn to my phone on the nightstand. I'm looking to see if I've gotten any messages or notifications from them.

It's far too soon. I'll sleep and wake up with their concerned text messages and missed calls.

I closed my eyes and breathed heavily through my nose before falling asleep.

Few moments later

Something poked my cheek, and it kept poking, making me frustrated as I groan softly and tried to smack whatever it was.

"mhmmm," I groaned, rolling onto my side, and fell back asleep.

" Ariaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I felt my cheek being poked again, followed by a sneaky chuckle. My brow furrowed while my eyes remained closed.

"Come on, I'm bored, get up!"

I'm feeling a push on my shoulder. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, the bright sunlight shining directly into them. I groaned loudly in displeasure and grabbed the other pillow, shoving it in my face. I can hear a chortle and a breathing noise next to me.

" Ariaaaaaa" Dylan whispered like a little kid.

With tired eyes, I slowly removed the pillow from my face and looked over at Dylan. I could see his index finger about to reach over and poke me on the cheek again.

"If you poke me one more time, I will kill you." I threatened him, and he reacted in such a way that he appeared scared but was not.

I saw him reach his finger over to poke me out of the corner of my eye when I quickly grabbed his hair. He smiled broadly, showing me his teeth, and fixed his gaze on me. I sat up gradually, still clutching his hair.