Chapter 10

Pulling up to his mom's house there was all these cara parked in the drive-way and street. all my nerves ran up my body and I just wanted to go home. He parked in the Garage don't know how he could do that with all these cars in the way.
Ray looked at me and then at Royal she was peacefully sleeping in her car seat. I looked at my hair and checked my make-up and everything was straight.

"You have nothing to be worried about Lyric. My mom would love to see you again let's go and have fun."

"Ray that's not the thing every body and there mama is here and I'm about to pop up with a baby and Ray Ray from mindless behavior on my hip."

He got out the car and walked to my side and opened the door. He took my hand and looked at me in the eyes.

"I made the mistake once hurting you now that I'm here nobody will ever hurt you again. Now I'm going to help you out this car and grab my baby, then we will walk into this house and have a good time." He helped me out the car and got Royal. He opened the door and there were kids running around laughing and yelling. The men were outside plating cards or dominos while the ladies were in the house talking and drinking.
Ray walked us into the kitchen where this group of women watched us walk in. I was very uncomfortable because of all the eyes on us.

"Mom do you think some tacos could be made for me?" Ray asked

"Ray now you know I'm not making tacos just for you." She shook her head and the turned around quick realizing he was home

"I'm home mom come give me a hug." He handed me Royal and hugged his mom. She looked at me and then back at Ray.

"And who are you sweetie?" She walked up to me

"Mom I thought daddy was going to take me to Grandma's house." Royal woke up rubbing her eyes

"Daddy Ray who is this girl and why is this baby calling you daddy?" His mom told everyone to get out the kitchen. Royal got down and went behind my leg.

"Hello Mrs.Lopez nice to see you again. But this Royalty your grand daughter and its me Lyric." I said

"Oh my goodness Lyric look at you how many years has it been." She hugged me

"A good five years. Very long five years Mrs.Lopez."

"Oh my goodness what happened to you, no better yet how are you sweet heart. Come on lets get a drink and talk." She said

We got something to drink and walked outside to the porch and sat down. She looked like she was trying to think of the right words to start the conversation off.

"Ms. Lopez I've been just fine, Royal and I are doing great. I have a good job, it pays well and everything."

"How have you been not Royal just you?"

"I'm doing great by myself it can be hard some times but I mange it well."

"Any boy in your life or anything?"

"No just friends that's all I had after I left your house. I finished high school, graduated college while playing basketball. My life is just fine."

"I told myself when I got to see again I would apologize for Ray's actions, but I can tell you don't want the apology. You've gotten stronger and very independent I'm glad your ok and I'll be seeing you around here more often."

"Yeah now that I know where you live. Do you think the boys can stay with you end stead of them staying with me?"

"Of course they can I know you need your space and all so I'll tell Ray." She walked outoff the porch and into the house. I know the boys were suppose to stay with me but if Ray wants to work on this parenting this we need to be apart. I must have been deep in thought because I didn't hear Royal calling me.

"Mommy are you ok?"

"Oh yes sweety I am. I was just thinking about something that's all."

"Do I still get to see grandma today?"

"You ready to go?"

"Yes can we please go?"

-Ray P.O.V-

I was chillin with the family when my mom came and tapped me on my shoulder. She wanted me to follow her in the house.

"You need something mom?"

"I wanted to let you know that you and the boys will be staying with me."

"Why would we be staying with you. Lyric talked to Walter and Keisha about us staying with her what happened?"

"She needs her space with everything. You just coming back into her life this is still steadlying into her head that's all Ray."

"Did we do something wrong or is she still mad at me?"

"It's not that she's mad at you its just she's a grown women and she needs her space."

"I'm welling to stay with you mom if it helps me out getting her back then I'll leave her condo."

"I'm glad that you trying to get things right which you should have did five years ago. I really like Lyric and I hope you and her get back together real soon." She smiles

"Me and you both mom, me and you both."

"Well she's sitting outside on the porch I should go get her."

"No mom I will; you go hang with the family."

"Ok dinner will be done in ten minutes come inside and eat when y'all are done talking."

"Yes ma'ma be right back." I walked on the porch to see Lyric tickling Royal to death. I smiled thinking about all the times I missed not being in my beautiful daughters life.

"Hey Lyric can we talk for a moment?" I sat by her

"Yeah sure Royal go in the house and I'll come get you so we can leave."

"Ok momma love you."

"Love you too beautiful." We both watched her go inside the house. And once the door I began talking.

"So well be moving out by tonight."

"Oh ok so I'm guessing your mom talked to you."

"Yeah I should have just gave you your space. Like I can't just pop up into your life after not seeing you in five years."

"Ray I don't need the explanation. What happened five years ago happened and its over. I can take care of Royal on my own."

"Lyric you have been stubborn, independent, wise, and many more. I thought about you every day even when I was with Mia. I know you don't want to here sorry and explain everything but I just want to be in my babies life."

"I never said I didn't want an apology I deserve a lot, while you been making money and music I was struggling for two years. My family disowned me. I lived in homeless shelters, where were you Ray? With the girl you cheated on me with. So like I said im doing good by myself, my daughter is happy and healthy the only thing she need is her fucking father."