chapter five

ADORABLENESS WARNING OH MY KELLIC HEART. also slight trigger.

-Kellin Quinn-

Once I've finished my third pancake, I get up and start to wash my plate off.

"Hey, it's okay, I can do that!" Victor exclaims, appearing behind me and gently taking the plate from me and putting it in the sink.

"Are you sure?" I ask, confused as to why he wouldn't want me to clean it.

"Of course I'm sure! You're a guest here, and that means you get to relax and we- well I do the hard yards," he grins, and I can't help but smile slightly in return. He has the most contagious smile and laugh out of anyone I've ever known and I can't help but respond to it.

I sit back down at the bench and watch Victor as he washes the cutlery and dishes from our meal.

It's difficult to not stare at him. He hums lightly when he starts drying everything, tapping his leg every now and then as he puts things away. He seems to hum quite often; I caught him doing it earlier too. The song had sounded familiar but I can't place it.

Soon enough, everything is cleaned up and he sits down across from me with a small smile on his face. I look up shyly and tap my fingers on the table as I open my mouth to speak.

"Um, Victor, I don't mean to be a pain but could I please have some water?" I ask, cursing inwardly as a blush forms on my cheeks.

"Oh! Of course you can!" He exclaims, jumping up to grab a glass and fill it in the sink. He places it in front of me and I thank him, immediately taking a sip.

"You can call me Vic by the way, all my friends do," he says casually, and I nearly coffee on my drink.

Does this means he counts me as a friend? Instead of asking that out loud, I simply not and stare down at the glad silently as my cheeks heat up for what feels like the millionth time.

"Are you feeling okay after earlier? You don't feel like you're going to be sick again, do you?" He asks worriedly, noticing my change in mood.

I shake my head and quietly reply, "No. I'm okay. I always vomit when I have panic attacks. It's no biggie." Before finishing off the last of my water and placing the cup on the bench.

"Do they happen often, the panic attacks?" Vic asks softly, and when I glance up I notice that he looks worried.

"Um not really. A few times a week, maybe?" I reply, chewing on my lip.

"That's no good. Is there any particular reason as to why they happen, do you think?" He's sounding more and mor concerned by the minute.

"Um, I guess, yeah." I mumble, hoping he won't ask any more questions about it. There is no way I'd tell him about my dad and I'd feel awful lying to him after everything he's done for me.

"Well, I'll give you my number and if you ever feel like you're going to have one, I want you to text me. I don't care if it's during class or anything, just text me and I'll try and come get you." He says, startling me.

"I, um, I, o-okay." I whisper, meeting his gaze briefly.

"So you have your phone here?" He asks, reaching for a piece of paper.

"No it's, uh, it's at home." I mumble, to which he just nods and scribbles something down.

"Here's my number, just text me later so that I can get yours too, kay?" He says, handing it to me. I look down and read it as I fold it up.

Vic Fuentes: # ____________
Don't forget to text me!!! :)