05 March 2013

Sweeheart, 

I can hear you crying in the bathroom and for some reason, you won't let me in.

I don't know what has happened of if I've done something, but it's evident that you're upset, and I feel so helpess right now because the door is locked and you're ignoring all my pleas.

There's nothing worse than feeling completely lost and helpess when everyone else is gliding through life with smiles and laughs, and though you may seem just fine on the outside, I know you well enough to know that the majority of your smiles have have been feigned, and there's nothing worse knowing that I'm ready to help, but I just don't know what to do.

Believe me when I say that there are still so many kisses and laughs and cool nights perfect for cuddling, and bright days perfect for little picnics by the river banks, and risks worth taking and places to visit like that little tea house I've discovered you've been in love with since the first time I took you there.
There are still so many books for you to read and poetry for us to write together, and pictures to take and smiles to share.

I know my words may not help, but remember that everyone has bad days and on the days when you feel completely lost, there's always somebody ready to act as a map for you if you'd just let them.

I'm sliding this note under the crack of the bathroom door now - I'm sitting on the other side of this wall, waiting for you. 

I'm ready to be your map, dear, I'm here for you.