Scene 5

Scene 5

(CS: library door)

Isis is picking the lock to the library door.

Marni: “Isis no! This is crazy.”

Isis: “Just gimmie a second…”

Marni: “No you can’t do it; if you can’t pick the lobby door then you can’t pick the library door!” Marni pulls Isis’s shoulder.

Isis: “The only reason I can’t pick the lobby door and the Jr. High door is because they are double-bolted. And since you don’t have a credit card on you, I can’t get past it. OK? I got this.” Isis is hand-talking angrily.

Marni backs off reluctantly and stands cross-armed watching Isis.

Isis: “Got it.”

Isis opens the door stands up, holds the door against her back, and motions Marni inside.

Isis: “After you.”

The 2 walk inside Marni leads them to her favorite spot and plops down.

Marni: “This spot has the best connection.”

Marni plucks away at the keyboard.

Marni: “We’re in.”

(Fades black)

Scene 5.5

Isis: “Go to Google”

Marni: “What do you think I’m doing?”

Isis: “I’m just saying that-“

Marni: “Shhhh.”

Isis: “Don’t you shush me! I’m just trying to help-“

Marni: “No really, shhh.”

Suddenly the library starts vibrating. 2 or three books come flying off the shelves and spinning towards Marni & Isis. They both scream and Marni closes her laptop and grabs Isis’s wrist.

Marni: “Don’t just stand there, RUN!”

     They both run to a different part of the library and the shaking subsides.

Isis: “What was that?!”

Marni: “I don’t know. But I do know that we have a mystery on our hands gang.”

     Marni plops down on a fluffy couch and re-opens her laptop and types ‘Less Thana’ in the search engine.

(CS: Computer screen of my picture, highlights the words: Les Thanatonautes or Less Thana, legendary, Greek God, death, cloaked figure, hides, dark corners, behind windows, waiting, step into her shadow, sucked into hell, slave, Hades, defeating, capture, book of souls, record, all souls.)

Marni: “Reads ENTIRE screen, some will be voice-overed”

Isis: “Yeah ok.” Isis is not convinced.

Marni: “No, but listen,‘all this’”

     Marni waves her hands around motioning the school in general.

Marni: “…is about that story Mrs. H told us yesterday.”

Isis: “What you mean like a story apparition?”

Marni: “What the heck is a story apparition?”

Isis: “Like when a spirit has been in rest and suddenly is getting a lot of attention, sort of like that one time that Jessica was so cool because she made out with that one guy and told him to break up with his girlfriend…”

Marni: “…And she was all sad ‘till everyone gave her all that attention. Yeah, exactly like that.”

(Long awkward pause)

Marni: “We shouldn’t be talking poorly of her, after all her mom did invite everyone to her funeral.”

Isis: “Yeah, well she wasn’t the first person to go suicidal from being O.D.’d”

(Pause)

Marni: “Isis, I’m real sorry about your dad. You didn’t deserve that.

Isis: “Don’t be, He deserved every bit of pain he cause that college girl in that car accident. I’m sorry I brought it up”

(Pause)

Isis: “So how do we, like I dunno, capture her?”

Marni types something else into the computer then shows it to Isis.

Isis: “You’re kidding me.”

(CS: computer screen with definition of ‘The Book of Souls’)