[24] No Time

(Tempted to delete this whole book)

"Every year comes a new person
Ready to blossom and bloom,
So when that person says sorry,
Don't drag it to their doom."

What if there's really no point in holding a grudge? What if the best thing to do is let it go? Would you let it slide and not say a thing, or would you let that anger take control?

~Qibli~

I opened the front door when I heard knocking on it. To my surprise, there stood Deathbringer, staring nervously at me as Glory looked somewhat amused from behind him. I unintentionally took a step back.

"Don't worry," Glory quickly said as Moon walked up from behind me. "He came back to apologize, not kill you."

"That... reassuring," Qibli mumbled.

"I'm going to leave you guys to it," Glory muttered, slowly nodding at Deathbringer. "Kinkajou and I are setting up the gender reveal." Deathbringer kissed her goodbye and she walked out of the room toward Kinkajou's place.

Deathbringer turned to me. "We cool?"

"Really, Deathbringer?" Moon asked skeptically. "'We cool?'" She mocked in an inaccurately deep voice.

"Okay, fine," he said, scratching the back of his neck. "I shouldn't have reacted like that. I'm sorry."

I stared at him. "Okay," I finally said, shrugging as Moon let out a confused "Huh?"

"I deserved that," I explain. "Shouldn't have gotten that close to Glory, anyway. My bad."

"Wait, seriously?" Deathbringer asked as Moon said, "What's even going on here?"

"Yeah," I said with a nod as Deathbringer's phone started ringing. He ignored it.

"But shouldn't I be the one apologizing?" Deathbringer continued. "I mean, if it weren't for you, my–"

"You gonna pick that up?" I asked, beckoning at the ringing phone in his hand. He finally looked to see who was calling and seemed confused. He brought the phone up to his ear.

"Hello?" he asked, standing there as Moon smacked me.

"What?" I whispered back to her.

"You're just gonna let that slide?" Moon demanded. "I mean, your literal soul left your body and everything. How are you so calm about this?"

"Well, holding a grudge isn't going to fix anything, so it's whatever," I whispered back as Deathbringer turned to us with wide eyes.

"Guys," Deathbringer mumbled as we turned to him. "So, Glory's water broke."

"*"

"I'm going to get Tsu and the others," Moon called as she ran out of Deathbringer's room down the hallway. Glory was sitting comfortably with her legs crossed on her and Deathbringer's bed as she watched Deathbringer and I struggled to pack as fast as we could.

"This is inconvenient," Glory mumbled as she looked bored. "The baby wasn't due for another week or two."

"You guys didn't even have a gender reveal," I pointed out. "Do you even have clothes for the baby?"

"Babies," Deathbringer unintentionally commented. My head snapped up in confusion as Glory sent a well-deserved glare in Deathbringer's general area.

"You guys are having twins?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Triplets, actually," Glory said, peeling her gaze off Deathbringer. My jaw dropped even more. "Come on, pack faster. I'm in pain over here."

"You guys do realize that there is no way you can raise three kids in an apartment, you know that, right?" I unhelpfully commented as I folded more of Glory's clothes.