✹forty six✹

╣you've given me my wings back╠

"What do you know of Rhena Targaryen?" Oberyn sat on a stone bench, the only thing resembling a bed in Tyrion's small cell. At least he had been given a window, he had mused to himself upon his arrival. Tyrion hoped Sansa had been as fortunate. He hoped she was not alone in the black cells.

Prince Oberyn of Dorn was an interesting man. He was bold and brash and loved his women along with his wine. Tyrion was sure that in another life, they could have been as close as brothers.

But this life carried too many skeletons in its closet.

"Many things." Tyrion's eyes fell to the floor, a flood of sadness welling up inside of him. "I know that she was a mother to many, including myself. I know that she was a kind woman who cared for your sister and her children." Oberyn shifted slightly at the comment. "And I know that she died the same day as her mother, thrown into the sea by the grief of losing her son. She is survived by her sister across the narrow sea."

Oberyn leaned back into a more comfortable position. "From the tales which reach my ears, there are more than one Targaryen across the Narrow Sea."

"Yes, Viserys was there as well, though he was killed not a year passed." Oberyn's mouth quirked up into a smile, as if he knew a secret. Tyrion loved secrets. "Tell me what you know."

"They say that the Mother of Dragons, Mhysa, Broken Crown, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains, is who holds Yunkai. Daenerys sits by her side along with Selmy and a north man with incredible similarities to Eddard Stark." Tyrion slid to sit onto a small block of hay. "Rhena Targaryen lives."

"Not possible." Tyrion's voice was barely more than a whisper. Forgotten memories long burried in his heart resurfaced. Memories of violet eyes and lavender oil. Memories of kind smiles and warm embraces. Things he hadn't received in years.

Oberyn smirked. "Not only that, but they say two boys, nearly men, of Lannister coloring follow her steps, broadening her legacy."

Tyrion blinked and shook his head. Oberyn was going too fast, and his mind was fogged with grief. "So-so you're telling me," He paused to collect his thoughts. "You're telling me that Rhena Targaryen somehow survived with sons, plural," he was close to hyperventilating. "And escaped across the narrow sea with her sister and brother, without raising any suspicion from any of our spies?"

"She did have a decoy."

Tyrion nodded. "Yes she had a decoy, and Jaime himself fell for it?" He shook his head. "I don't buy it."

"She had a very good decoy."

"Rhena was the love of Jaime's life, she was the one good thing that ever happened to him. Surely he would have recognized any differences."