This Story Might Be Sentient

I admit to having run out of entertaining first chapter titles for this year's ONC. Who knew the limiting factor on my participation was going to be how many titles I could come up with? 

Actually, that would have probably been a solid guess from the start as titles are one of my biggest struggles when creating new works! Good thing I only have to title things once. 

So welcome (back) to the fifth and last installment of Eliza writes a novella for ONC 2023! This story is near and dear to me because these characters are the cutest most dedicated sisters ever. 

The first is ready to rule and absolutely unwilling the marry, and the second is ready to marry and absolutely unwilling to rule. Seems like it'll go just fine right? Nice, complementary skills for the offspring of a monarch. 

Well, their dad disagrees. And getting them out of the mess he's made is going to take a lot of work. Which means our intrepid younger sister is going to have to work very closely with our man on the inside. 

Who she has a huge unrequited crush on. 

Yep! It's a recipe for a rom com that's making me laugh even before I start writing. I will warn y thious novella is likely to be on the longer side of a novella, but I do aim to keep it within the ONC guidelines. 

If you want to be notified when new chapters release, you can follow me at authorelizasolares or add this book to your library (or both) so you'll never miss a chapter. If you're willing, I'd also love it if you could add this book to your public reading lists as it really helps other readers find it ♥

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Eliza. 

~ * ~ Summary ~ * ~ 

Free-spirited homebody Erica doesn't want to be queen. Which is fine, because her single, independent older sister Gemma is more than ready for the job.

But their father doesn't care about any of that. He thinks a queen ought to be married and producing heirs (Yes, he really says producing heirs) if she is to take the throne.

No matter how hard the girls try to convince him, the king will not budge. Gemma needs to get married at her upcoming birthday ball or he passes her over in favour of her sister being the next queen.

Desperate to turn their circumstances back right-side-up, the two concoct a plan to find someone for Gemma to choose who will definitely not choose her back.

But in order to do that, Erica is going to have to work together with her longtime crush. Who doesn't know she exists. She'll have to keep her feelings in check if she's going to convince him to help, but she might want to offer him a little something in return.

This story is based on prompt #49: "Master the rules of the game until you can play it better than they can." 

~ * ~ Thank You ~ * ~ 

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my story! If you're interested in any of my other ONC 2023 Novellas (or my other completed/in progress works) you can find everything on my profile authorelizasolares where I also have a growing reading list of ONC stories I'm sure you'll love. 

Are you participating as a reader or writer in ONC? Have you participated before or is this your first year? 

Have you written or read other stories with similar vibes or that also used prompt #49? I'd love to add more stories to my reading list so let me know here!