••

Tapping his feet, he waited for his brother to come inside.

"Bhai, kya hua hai. Aapne mujhe bulaya." Umair asked getting concern as he saw his brother's tensed face.

"Pata nahi yaar, lekin kuch ajeeb sa lag raha hai. Khair wo chod or meri help kar ye sehra pehna de." He said passing the sehra which was kept on the dressing table.

Nodding happily, he made his brother wear sehra.

Today was the day, when Emad was going to marry. It was already a hectic week for him as he had to work ahead of time so he could few days leave.

..
..

"Arre tum log taiyaar hui ke nahi. Asad bhai ka paanch baar call aachuka hai." Misba asked coming into her daughter's room.

"Ammi, hume abhi bhi jane ka mann nahi kar raha hai. Hum nahi jayenge to nahi chalega." Munira asked making puppy eyes.

Her mother glared at her, making her drop the idea of not going.

"Accha thik hai, hum taiyaar ho jate hai. Aap bhai ko check kare." She said and went to get fresh. Muniba just shook at her twin's antic.

Misba came out and went for her eldest.

"Beta, kab tak kaam karo ge. Thoda rest karlo. Jabse aaye ho tabse kaam me hi busy ho." She just rubbed his back and he instantly relaxed.

"Bas ammi hogaya." Cracking his neck, he went into washroom to get fresh. He was tired from working continuously but he had. So he could provide for his family.

Being eldest is not easy. He had done many things, like working part time to carrying bags and many time, he had to deliver food. So he could get some money for his start up. But he didn't let his family know what he had gone through.

..
..

"Arre waah, meri gudiya to bohot pyari lag rahi hai. Mashaallah." Asad kissed his daughter's crown as she twirled.

"Bhai ne dilaya." She gushed.

"Ha ha tumhara bhai to hai hi tum pe jaan lutane wala." Her mother said but still hugged her.

"Wo to hai." Proudly flipping her hair, she searched for her other brother. Who would always live on his own.

"Beta umair uper hai, emad ke saath. Dono aate hi honge." Isma said and went to check other things. She wanted everything to be perfect.

"Lo ji aa gaye dulhe miya." She went and hugged her brother who smiled and patted her head.

"Bohot pyari lag rahi ho." He said kissing her head.

"Lagungi kyu nahi. Aakhir hu hi itna pyari." She said making others laugh.

"Accha chalo, bhi. Baraat leker jana hai late nahi hona chahiye." Asad said moving out.

All other relatives were already outside waiting for the groom to come.

..
..

"Chalo bhi. Hum aapki wajah se hi late hue hai." She grumbled. Zeeshan just shook his head and her children laughed.

"Mama jhuth na bole. Aap hi sabke peeche padi thi or khud hi late taiyyarr hui thi. Ab baba ko dosh na de." Zaviyar teased as he saw his mother getting more angry.

"Accha accha thik hai. Bas pohochne wale hai." Zeeshan stopped before misba could yell at their son.

Dusting her clothes, she moved out first with the help of her son. Zavi helped her stand properly as she had pain in her knees.